Houzz Logo Print
sossiesan

need help deciding exterior paint colours

sossiesan
hace 8 años

we are slowly renovating our 1950s house. we have changed the windows to a white framed aluminium and would like to maintain the light yellow paint colour but paint the studio located next to the house a complementary colour. any ideas appreciated. happy to loose the red of the colourbond gutters too

Comentarios (5)

• dohraime
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

That colour reminds me of Colorbond Paperbark (Used to be Merino). It goes well with Woodland grey in my opinion. Could do gutters in that or the studio cladding. Are you wanting to go light, dark? For a similar tone, Dulux Beige Royal might be a good fit. It's difficult to tell colours online. They completely different from site to site and can change depending on what screen I'm viewing them on.

Do you have a small piece of cladding with the yellow tone paint on it. You could take that into a paint store to get an idea of what it's called and what colours would suit alongside it. Some stores can even do a colour match scanning an item you bring in.

• sossiesan
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm thinking of going a different colour to the main house and wanting something complementary and probably darker. I do like the idea of a soft grey and will check out the woodland grey that you mentioned.

• dohraime
    hace 8 años

Woodland grey is quite dark.

Looking at your photo today, I think the house looks more classic cream. Either way, a soft grey would work. But there are SO many variations and tones.

You might like to hire a colour consultant if it gets to overwhelming.

• User
    hace 8 años

I think the golf holes are too close to the windows.

• PRO
    Murphy Metal Design and Wrought Iron
    hace 8 años

Hi...looking at photograph...area cast a large shadow.......a lighter grey paint would be suitable.......

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.