eric_smith78

Garage Concrete Problem

hace 8 años

The area that the garage door lands on is all cracked. Much worse now than when I bought the house a few years ago. The same contractor who did the driveway, which came out great, did the area under the garage door before I purchased the house. He looked at it, and said something about concrete block being underneath it. It seems the thickness of the pour was limited because of that issue. Obviously it has failed big time.

One of the prior homeowners added the garage as a DIY project. And the concrete work in the garage itself looks DIY too. Not sure what all is underneath the cracked section that the garage door lands on.

What are my options here? Try and redo it with something other than concrete?

I have very limited funds, so it has to be a reasonable workable option.

The really bad section is to the left as you look at the garage from the driveway. That section does not get driven on at all. It just plain failed. Expansion issues?

This is in the winter heavy snowfall zone of the US.

Comentarios (3)

• hace 8 años

For starters, I would say that patch was not poured thick enough.

Bash it out, look for water channels that may be carrying dirt away, dig it deeper and redo.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

that is not a proper concrete job. Saw cut it out so you have a clean line. If the garage was done right there would be a "Grade beam" connecting the footing the garage should be setting on. Im assuming its not. To fix it properly the garage would need to be under pinned if its not setting on a proper foundation or torn down entirely. Since that does not sound like an option due to funds i would simply cut that entry out, dig down 1 ft, put in some rebar and pour new concrete as a bandaid. If there is a foundation to tie into you need to dowl into the foundation footing.

• hace 8 años

i agree with Wilhite and that's what should have been done when drive was poured.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.