Houzz Logo Print
misscarolyn

Should backsplash go above the hood too, or just below?

Carolyn
hace 8 años
Doing white subway tomorrow, but would have to take the hood back down to access upper area...I think...?

Comentarios (37)

• Suzi Hanks
    hace 8 años
    Is that the final paint color? I'd go all the way up.
    Carolyn agradeció a Suzi Hanks
  • Lisa G
    hace 8 años

All the way up! :)

Carolyn agradeció a Lisa G
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    hace 8 años

All the way to the ceiling is a very nice look. Adds a little drama. Go for it!

Carolyn agradeció a DeCocco Design
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    yes it is the final paint color. I compromised on that w hubs, I wanted all white...do I also tile all around the kitchen window?
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    do i have to take,down the hood though? it was a lot of work for my husband to put up
  • Suzi Hanks
    hace 8 años
    I think tile on the sink wall would look stunning!
    Carolyn agradeció a Suzi Hanks
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I think it would be great too, except it would preclude hanging anything on walls without damaging tile..but I hear you! I love shiny tile!
  • Katelyn
    hace 8 años
    Definitely tile all the way to the ceiling behind the hood. I think you could go either way with your sink area. Both look stunning.
    Carolyn agradeció a Katelyn
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    thanks for the nice compliments! it's a tiny old house so we're working with some crooked walls and stuff, lol! I love it though!
  • User
    hace 8 años
    We only tiled to bottom of the hood fan and I love it. No regrets :)
    Carolyn agradeció a User
  • ecpt
    hace 8 años
    I'd tile all the way up around the hood, but I like the wall color around the sink.
    Carolyn agradeció a ecpt
  • PRO
    Mary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designs
    hace 8 años

All the way up!

Carolyn agradeció a Mary Porzelt of Boston Kitchen Designs
  • User
    hace 8 años
    Here is one not all the way up
    Carolyn agradeció a User
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    hmmm...if I could just get my husband to take that thing down I would probably go all the way up, but it's not in a position where it will be easily seen from elsewhere, so I guess I could go half way...
  • PRO
    Barbara Purdy - Purdy & Associates Design
    hace 8 años

Definitely all the way up, and I would absolutely tile all the way up at the window wall too. That will add some wow to the wall for sure. Too bad your crown is already installed...normally I have them install it after if tiling up to the ceiling, or allow for the thickness of the tile to slide behind the crown. You will have to remove your chimney hood I'm afraid.

Carolyn agradeció a Barbara Purdy - Purdy & Associates Design
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you Barbara! somewhere along the line I apparently agreed that the tile would go up to the hood. my husband IS the contractor doing this on the side, so I don't want to push too much..! ;)
  • PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 8 años
    Yes the hood will have to come down unfortunately. Put the trim on the Windows before you tile (unless your house doesn't gave window trim of course)
    Carolyn agradeció a Ellsworth Design Build
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    yeah the tile girl, Amber, said to trim out the window first. my husband is doing that part tonight after work. it's gonna be cute! look at my microwave niche!
  • keako
    hace 8 años
    I don't think I've ever seen a microwave flush with the wall. Really cool! Is that an exterior wall?
    Carolyn agradeció a keako
  • Xochitl
    hace 8 años

I say tile all around sink, too!

Carolyn agradeció a Xochitl
  • Lori
    hace 8 años

i say tile it all -- it will look fabulous. Also, you maybe can tile around hood without taking it down. Looks lovely.. Love the build-in MW -- super clever!!!

Carolyn agradeció a Lori
  • carolyngarland
    hace 8 años
    All the way
    Carolyn agradeció a carolyngarland
  • User
    hace 8 años

Carolyn, you don't need to go all the way up. Check out mine. Its almost Erie how much it looks like yours! Same paint color I think and all!!

Carolyn agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    hace 8 años

Our vote is to go all the way up but our clients have chosen to go the other route as well and it looks great!

Aliso Viejo - Modern Kitchen and Bath Remodel · Más información

Tustin - Farmhouse Kitchen Remodel With French Lite Cabinetry · Más información

Orange County - Country Chic Kitchen Remodel With Transitional Cabinetry · Más información

Carolyn agradeció a Mr Cabinet Care
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Melissa, Wow, that's pretty! thanks for the pic! I put off Amber for a week so we can decide and do what we have to do. :)
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Mr. C, thanks for the pics! Good inspiration!

• Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    The microwave niche was my idea to save counter space. my husband built it into the garage! I will show pics when I get a chance of the other side. it's just a box on the wall. hehe!
  • keako
    hace 8 años
    The microwave niche was a cool idea!
  • keako
    hace 8 años
    Melissa, I love the inset tile above your stove. Way cool!
  • Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    thanks keako! melissa now I want a pretty inset pattern too!
  • User
    hace 8 años

Thanks so much Keako and Carolyn. I was nervous to do it but so glad now that I did. Let me know if you want the name of the tile.

• xjlynn
    hace 8 años

Hi Melissa and Carolyn, would you mind providing what paint color are your cabinets? It looks like the exact white color I've been looking for that is not too stark or creamy/yellow. Thanks!

• xjlynn
    hace 8 años

BTW I vote to go all the way up with the tile!

• Carolyn
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    xlynn, they are Diamond brand cabinets from Lowes, white shaker is all I remember. I'll look for color.
  • lisa0527
    hace 8 años
    Not necessarily. Ours was tiled with the hood up. But they did remove as many bits as they easily could.
  • User
    hace 8 años

Hi xjlynn, my cabinets are Kountry Kraft and the color is their "white dove"

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.