Houzz Logo Print
niall1982

Size pendant light over island

niall1982
hace 8 años

Hi

I have a 1 sq m (3.2 sq ft) island in my kitchen, which will have a single pendant over it, hangin at around 80cm (34") above the worktop (as seems to be the norm). What size of pendant light would be appropriate? I have two options of lights I like, one at 40cm (16") diameter or one at 25cm (10") diameter.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Niall

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

A lot depends on the light without pics really only a guess.

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 8 años

What are the actual dimensions of the island? What does the rest of the space look like? What do the pendants look like?

Post some more pictures and info and we can help you better :)

• PRO
    Weyts Architecten
    hace 8 años

perhaps it's an option to go for 2 smaller fixtures instead of 1 large?

• Niall Alcock
    hace 8 años

Hi

thanks for the responses. The island is square 1m x 1m, which is why I'd moved away from 2 lights in a line. It is the main prep space in the kitchen so needs to be functional, but also I want it to tie into the dining area beyond which has a yellow wall.

I've found a large yellow light & a smaller ceramic light with yellow interior. Quite different looks and I really like the latter but think is less suited to a functional worktop.

Cheers

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.