Houzz Logo Print
msjacqueline

Tiny Toilet

MsJacqueline
hace 8 años

Hiya

I have a tiny toilet, so small you cant even swing a mouse!

It's a very bland magnolia but i'll like to do something dramatic. I'm thinking a vibrate wallpaper on all walls. Has anyone done this before? or something similar?

I'm open to all kinds of ideas.

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    MsJacqueline
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot to add some details....

The toilet room is in a rectangular shape.

When you open the door you face the toilet. The toilet is against a wall with a small window above. Then the two walls on both sides. Its about 1.5meters by 2meters. I'll try and post some pictures.

• PRO
    MsJacqueline
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Here's a pic.
  • PRO
    Pat Oliver Interior Design
    hace 8 años

You don't mention what type of home you have or what style appeals to you. Why not go dramatic and choose a richly coloured wallpaper with metallic gold or silver in the design. Face it, you're not going to be in the room for long lengths of time. Also a mirror (half height) will make the room feel much larger.

MsJacqueline agradeció a Pat Oliver Interior Design
  • PRO
    Deana Ashby - Bathrooms & Interiors
    hace 8 años

I'd agree
    with Pat that using mirrors and other reflective materials will increase the
    feeling of light and space in the room. I'm not sure what budget you have to
    play with but you can get some amazing mirrored, shiny and textured tiles that
    used on all walls, floor to ceiling, for high impact would give incredible mood
    and personality to the room. I always think you can have some fun in a
    cloakroom!

Decorative
    tiles and mosaics can work out expensive even in a small cloakroom - as a
    cheaper alterative I'd recommend using a mother of pearl pearlescent paint
    which will bounce the light around and hang a collection mirrors and pictures of
    varying sizes for a softer, eclectic and homely feel.

• headers13
    hace 8 años

what about something like this:

https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/modern-wallpaper-prvw-vr~12579101

Expensive but just do on the back wall. Needs a window dressing too like a plain small blind. Paint the other walls a pale grey & as the others say add mirrors to the other wall as a feature.

MsJacqueline agradeció a headers13
  • Jonathan
    hace 8 años
    I once viewed a house to buy and the owner had gone mad in the littlest room. They had a tiny black gloss vanity with a marble top. Below a dado rail was tongue and groove in a deep green, above was upholstered with braided trim top and bottom, they had cut out angels from a poster and decoupaged the ceiling reminiscent of an Italian master and there was a chandelier and an ornate gilt mirror.
    Completely over the top and fabulous!
    MsJacqueline agradeció a Jonathan
  • PRO
    MsJacqueline
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks for the great ideas.

I'm definitely in for glamour and wow so the mirror tiles are a good idea.

I'm going to look into perhaps having the back wall behind the toilet tiled with mirrors and then with the rest of the walls apply some wallpaper.

• PRO
    Falchi Interiors
    hace 8 años

How about a stunning tile effect wallpaper? The best of both worlds!

The wallpaper below is from Today Interiors and comes in a very light grey which would both brighten your space and also reflect light. The 'tiles' add drama and interest to the space without being intrusive.

Paint the skirting in a soft white to sharpen the space and introduce and metallic vase or candle holder to the window sill in; copper gold or platinum.

Tiny toilets are perfect for making a statement and a talking point, so be bold!

• PRO
    Deana Ashby - Bathrooms & Interiors
    hace 8 años

Good luck in your search - There are a few tile suppliers I can reccomend as a starting point - Spanish manufacturer Dune http://www.dune.es/en/products/emphasis-mosaico/vitra-cristal

Porcelanosa have a fantastic range and stores nationwide - http://www.porcelanosa.com/gb/mosaics.php

Original Style also well worth a look -

https://www.originalstyle.com/en

However websites really don't do them justice - you really have to see them in the flesh to be truely wow-ed by their sparkle.

Enjoy!

• minnie101
    hace 8 años

Hi. I'm not sure if I've misunderstood you regarding the mirror ŵall. I wouldn't add a mirror ŵall behind a toilet to both protect modesty and also aesthetically re the reflection of the loo :) if you did like the tile look have a look at Cole and son antique mirror paper as pictured below which will give you the glamorous look. You could either add art or a bronze mirror. If you like Jonathans idea see the Sistine light below by young and battaglia, you could then add the inky blues suggested by AJ

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.