Houzz Logo Print
denajshort

No baseboards

Dena Short
hace 8 años
We are building and haven't put baseboards in . I like the look of no baseboards and trim. Is it possible to not put baseboards in we are at painting stage? How do you finish to the floor Also, I like the look of no trim around doors , can this be done at this stage as well? I like the clean minimalist look! You did a great job in this condo!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Endeavour Developments
    hace 8 años

It would be quite the ordeal to do it at this point. We basically left the drywall 6" off the floor and then when the floor was installed we put the 6" piece in and taped everything. If you were to do it now you would have to cut the drywall and install the 6" piece. You would lose the tape Join so there would be a lot more mud involved. To be honest it looks amazing on the pics but the practicality behind it isn't that great. You end up hitting it with your vacuum and denting the drywall.

• Dena Short
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you never thought of the drywall getting damaged. Aluminum might fix that but likely an expensive option. Thanks anyway!!

• PRO
    Endeavour Developments
    hace 8 años

Hi Dena,. Another option would be to use standard flat stock Mdf base. Much more economical than metal. Instead of the 6" piece of drywall use a 6" base. They sell a channel to make the gap between the two materials look finished.

hope this helps

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.