Houzz Logo Print
juan_zavala45

I am stuck. I don't know what to do next

Juan Zavala
hace 8 años
I painted the walls white. But I don't know about funiture and placement. Carpet is going away. As is the mess.

Comentarios (12)

• Juan Zavala
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    *Furniture. The room there will be the bar, with a tall table.
  • PRO
    Powell Homes & Renovations
    hace 8 años

It's hard to tell the layout of the room, would you consider installing your TV over your fireplace mantle and then arrange the furniture facing that direction

• Juan Zavala
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I have thought of that. It's just I really don't watch much tv. Also, I don't like the idea of looking up to watch tv. I know that would be the easiest
  • User
    hace 8 años

Looks like a dark vent on your wall? That could be painted out so it doesn't attract the eye. I think you could use one showy piece of art or a bold, blown up photograph.

• PRO
    ANR CONSTRUCTION
    hace 8 años
    Slap Sheetrock finish it with level 5 finish and paint it white including the surrounding no popcorn around and stain semitransparent stain for the wood work dark espresso brown change out the lights bulb sir the fixture to DAY LIGHT!!!!
    Should help
  • grapefruit1_ar
    hace 8 años

I agree....turn off that overhead light. Use lamps instead.

• PRO
    ANR CONSTRUCTION
    hace 8 años
    I recommend dark floors pink carpet gots to go
  • PRO
    Katie Denham Interiors
    hace 8 años

By painting the whole room white, did that include beams and all wood panelizing? Did you take out the panelizing before painting? Did you paint the stone fireplace and mantle white? I agree the two sofas (if you are keeping them) facing each other centered on the fireplace with coffee table in between. If you are getting all new furniture, I might suggest a sectional facing the fireplace and the large blank wall. Do a hard surface flooring of stone tile or hardwood same color as beams if they did not get painted (not the fake "hand planed" variety though) Area rug on top....West Elm, Cost Plus have affordable cool options. Mount the TV on the large blank wall next to the sliding doors. Center the TV and put tall bookshelves on either side. Could be the white wall mounted one from CB2 if on a budget. Put an accent chair across from sectional. The walls in the bar area could be a different color....maybe dark and moody. New light fixture in place of ceiling fan. Remove the brass fireplace screen if you can. And remove those wing walls with the posts on them. No need for those at all.

• PRO
    Jenn's Exquisite Designs LLC
    hace 8 años

Two options on the flooring, Lowe's sell 12x48 porcelain tiles barn yard style (old look wood ) in the lighter color. Or option 2 if your current flooring after removing that pink carpet have a smooth concrete you can polish the concrete and seal it to give that shines for easy maintenance.

stain the beam in Jacobean espresso color if you like to have a bit dramatic change in your ceiling. Install the TV on the wall on your comfortable eye level below that install a floating entertainment cabinet about 6" above the ground.

Install floating shelves on the wall (each side centering the TV ) to put your favorite decor on even photos. Then place a nice solid soft gray or light solid area rug. Then have your couch facing that wall and the other couch facing the fireplace make sure theres enough walk space and put a nice coffee glass table or wood with a metal legs.

Place two nice indoor plant in each corner or install two lights that hanging from the ceiling. Instead of a floor lamp. To give a nice ambiance. Maybe get rid of the ceiling light but install a modern ceiling fan with light.

Ok that's a lot but hope it helps

• PRO
    ANR CONSTRUCTION
    hace 8 años
    Coffee bean color BEAMS AND MATCHING FLOORING UNDERNEATH DARK FLOORS
    CHANGE OUT THE FAN PUT "Day lights build "
  • PRO
    ANR CONSTRUCTION
    hace 8 años
    If your saving the couch then white pillows with blue turquoise colors
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.