Houzz Logo Print
lostoverseas

Make over Family Room

Jan Robertson
hace 8 años

This is a second sitting room which is less formal than my other living room want to keep it as a family room we are couple with 2 daughters both which have now left home but visit often. no pets. but grandchildren on the way - 2 dark Brown leather sofa's have replaced ones showing are staying as is the wooden computer desk in the corner with the computer chair, we use the computer desk daily. wooden table is going and the wall shelves and the pictures, Clock, Lamp,TV and curtains. Also having a new carpet. and new ceiling lamp any suggestions on what would go with the computer desk and 2 brown leather sofa's to make it more modern. Use this room a lot in summer. All suggestions welcome Many Thanks

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    User
    hace 8 años

I can't quite see the computer desk, it's too dark ( looks black ). I'd highly recommend decorating the room and choosing your colours around the sofas / carpet and curtains. Then look to replace the computer desk or screen it off somehow so that your eye is not drawn immediately to it. Something 'officey' is never going to sit well with a comfortable lounge. There are so many desks about, that it shouldn't be difficult to find something that won't clash with the relaxed family room style. It just needs to blend into the background! If you don't want to replace, you could of course paint it the same colour as the walls and replace the chair.

• Jan Robertson
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Sorry don't have a picture of the desk and not in the country to take one. but yes I think I might go ahead and remove the computer desk at some point if I can find something to replace it. it about the same colour as the bookcases. Thinking I might go for creams beige grey to go with the dark brown sofa's

• minnie101
    hace 8 años

Hi. As you mention you use this room a lot in summer why not bring the garden in a little. Maybe a feature ŵallpaper, you could go for a modern floral but some of the trellis style wallpapers would also look nice. I'd go for something with some soft/pastel green with a pale background. Add cushions and throws to the sofas in lighter shades ie cream and beiges and then if you keep to soft green you can mix in most other colours but use lots of texture. Has the carpet been changed? Perhaps a wood floor with a sisal rug again for some texture. A sunburst mirror is always good in a room for a summer feel along with flowers and plants. Do you also have room for table lamps and a floor lamp? Other pics of the room would be good to see if you could perhaps reuse some of your existing pieces, even if painted? If you could also give an idea of your style it would help as I can see you haven't set up an Ideabook. Agree with Bagpuss re desk and chair

• Jan Robertson
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Wooden floors don't work tried that before carpet was laid to cold in Scotland. Yes we are having a new carpet laid. Kinda like this colour scheme and yes I might go along with the idea of bringing the garden into the room with plants. If I could afford it I would put in Bi folding doors but would need to win the lottery 1s lol

• minnie101
    hace 8 años

Karndean may be an option if you like a wood look. Grey can be a little cold and it depends on the light in your room. If you're really keen on grey perhaps try one with a warm undertone or a greige and then add an accent colour and lots of texture. Yes bifolds don't come particularly cheap!

• PRO
    Jessica Russell Flint
    hace 8 años

So informal, fun, bring the garden inside? Bees & Leaves feature wall? Choices choices. There's more in our website too. Enjoy the makeover. All the best.

• PRO
    Petronella Hall
    hace 7 años

This will bring the outside in , be warm and neutral , the twigs are dark brown so will match the sofa and you can warm it further by putting in pink and grey accents. I would choose a light carpet it makes a huge difference, and if you can spend a bit ,ore get the ceiling plastered smooth, it instantly updates a room.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.