Houzz Logo Print
golfergirl29

Are Hunter Douglas solar shades the right solution?

golfergirl29
hace 8 años

We have two casement windows on either side of the rangetop in the kitchen. I am trying to balance having as much light as possible in the kitchen, but add some privacy from the street and from our neighbor's backyard. I'm leaning towards the Hunter Douglas solar shades in either the 3 (sheer) or 5 (very sheer) level. Our neighbor has the shades in the 3 level. I understand it will not block the view from the outside at night. I'm not fond of the shades that fold down from the top. Because they are right next to the rangetop, I am mindful of fabrics and cleaning. Would you recommend the Hunter Douglas solar shades? Or another product? Thanks!!!

Here are the windows on either side of the range top.

Here is our friend's level 3 solar shade. We would do ours in white.

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Window Accents
    hace 8 años

Solar shades are a great way to block the glare and add privacy during the daylight hours. You are correct that they do not offer privacy at night. I am glad you have seen them at your neighbor's home, so you can understand the function exactly. What you want to look at is the % of view through that the fabric has. This will be 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, 0r 14%. The higher the number, the more view through, but also more light coming in. I usually recommend a 3 or 5% view through to cut glare, add daytime privacy, but still be able to see out.

golfergirl29 agradeció a Window Accents
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.