Houzz Logo Print
staceyonion

Is the scale right?

Stacey Onion
hace 8 años
I've hung these mirrors on the brick wall where my wood burning stove is located. They don't look right to me. Any ideas?

Comentarios (19)

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Better lighting
  • Katbv Vero
    hace 8 años
    Could they be a little too high? Maybe 6"?
  • studio10001
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

A better choice here would be something to compliment the stove - rough hewn shelving, a more decorative firewood holder ( or two), pottery, etc.

Wine country kitchen/family room · Más información

• Rawketgrl
    hace 8 años

It looks like a face. :) Best to find some place else in the house for the mirrors. The brick looks nice as is without adornment.

I don't know what is between the couches but it might look a little cozier if you tighten up the furniture arrangement and bring the couches together closer.

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Moved them to this room. Thoughts? What do I out over the couch. The room is approx 12x12
  • tgb1
    hace 8 años

Stacey - are your wicker chairs from Pottery Barn? I think a big piece of art would look good over the couch.

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    They are from pottery barn about 18 years ago! I'd like some smaller chairs.
  • tgb1
    hace 8 años

Yes! I have one too!! Love the way it looks but not the most comfortable chair in the world : )

• PRO
    Avalon Interiors
    hace 8 años

I agree with studio10001. Iron shelves or black shelves to pull in the black of the wood stove, keep accessories simple, books, pottery while still allowing the brick to show through. Mirrors look better where you moved them to and a large piece of art over the sofa with some toss cushions to pull in art colour is best a little more dynamic than your area rug and existing toss cushions. Invest in down filled inserts, the toss pillows will be more comfortable and look significantly better:)

• PRO
    DeCocco Design
    hace 8 años

I like the mirrors where you moved them. Always consider what mirrors are reflecting. Nice view? Light? And I like the idea of a large piece of art over the sofa AND I like the tall wood stacker!

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I have a large piece of art(though I'm not in love with it. Also looking for a new larger rug.
  • Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I also have the horse but it's much larger!
  • Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Also have this
  • PRO
    Kristin Leigh ~ Faux Artist
    hace 8 años

I also thought it looked like a face. Try something a little more a-symmetrical. A couple small accent shelves on one side, staggered....a painting or something on the other side.

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

tgb1, thanks. the rug is really worn and I think it's too small. (You're right, it is from PB, though I got it at a tag sale :)) As far as the fireplace room goes, do I need to put anything on that wall at all?

• tgb1
    hace 8 años

Short answer would be no, you don't need to put anything on the brick. The hearth area is rather large though, and could prob use some fire-related items. I really liked that tall wood stacker that studio10001 suggested above, or similar iron pieces...

• acm
    hace 8 años

I think that in both places the biggest problem was proximity to paned glass -- first it was window-mirror-mirror-window, and now it's reversed. Find a totally different kind of place for them, where they reflect something nice and are away from windows and glass doors. Make friends with some art for the rest of these spaces.

• Stacey Onion
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I see what you mean about the doors and the windows. The problem I have is my house is full of windows and the areas that don't have them won't reflect anything lovely. Darn, I really wanted to use those mirrors :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.