Houzz Logo Print
angela_popovich

Does framed wallpaper work on this wall?

Angela Popovich
hace 8 años

Here is my inspiration:

Before I go too far down the planning, I'd like some validation that this concept will work with my space.

The couch is going where the tape measures is (centered to the rug, not wall). I want to put 2 big panels to pretty much cover the entire back wall and that ugly air filter. I want to lean the panels against the wall because the filter needs air.

Here is the other side of the room:

This is the wallpaper I'm thinking of going with:

Question is: will the wallpaper clash with the rug print? Will it look weird to have these huge panels not centered with the couch? I'm having a hard time visualizing the end result. Thank you.

Comentarios (15)

• Paige Brasche
    hace 8 años
    I absolutely love it!!!!!!
    Angela Popovich agradeció a Paige Brasche
  • qam999
    hace 8 años

Guardedly optimistic about wallpaper pattern not fighting rug. A lot depends on what else is in the room. You might just need to try it.

Angela Popovich agradeció a qam999
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

What if you place a console along the wall (above the vent) then run a wallpapered frame horizontally over top of console?

Not the best visual...but the idea.

Riverhouse Living Room · Más información

Angela Popovich agradeció a JudyG Designs
  • groveraxle
    hace 8 años

Paint the vent the same color as the wall.

Angela Popovich agradeció a groveraxle
  • PRO
    Essential Space Planning
    hace 8 años

I like your idea!

Angela Popovich agradeció a Essential Space Planning
  • Angela Popovich
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Unfortunately the room is not big enough to fit a console table against that wall. I will have about a foot between the couch and the wall :/

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

Angela Popovich agradeció a groveraxle
  • Angela Popovich
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Groveraxle, I love it! Thank you for the visual! I like the way it looks. My couch is beige-ish, but I'll probably get curtains in that gray color to pull it together. Thank you.

• hiluhilu
    hace 8 años
    Just found an example of what I meant by "layering" art over screens.
  • Angela Popovich
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Hiluhilu, I think you nailed it! As long as I give the vent 2 inches of air it's supposed to be good. I think I need to get back to wallpaper searching and find something more 'art' and less 'wallpaper.' Thank you for the insight.

• havingfun
    hace 8 años

How about fabric? or these guys, and you can fabric them, many fabrics offer more breathability.

Outdoor Lattice Designs | Outdoor Privacy Screen · Más información
    amazon or arcurio
    Lattice Designs - Acurio Latticeworks · Más información

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

Oh, we can do beige-ish.

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

We can do gallery walls, too.

• drememon
    hace 8 años

If this is an older home with one or two returns, your panels will affect your electric bill with decreased air flow to the a/c and furnace.

I'd move the sofa down bit, and hide the return grill with that. Then, use groveraxles's gallery wall, or shorter wallpaper panels to complete your look.

Angela Popovich agradeció a drememon
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.