Houzz Logo Print
christine_shiffermiller

Worms on bottom of bin

I noticed all my worms in my bin are going to the bottom of the bin. There's plenty of food near the top and middle. What could be the reason they are collecting at the bottom?

Comentarios (5)

• gumby_ct
    hace 8 años

Simply put... maybe they prefer what is at the bottom?

You haven't mentioned what is at the top middle or bottom, Or how deep you are talking to the bottom.

• Christine Shiffermiller
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

There is cardboard at the bottom. It's about 8 inches deep of compost

• gumby_ct
    hace 8 años

Have to go with my original guess.

• viper114
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

to lay eggs? I have read the eggs are more often found at the bottom of a bin.

• PRO
    Iowa Worm Composting
    hace 8 años

My first inclination is the moisture content. Is your bin too dry? Worms will go where they are most comfortable. Moisture is always highest at the bottom of plastic bins. Does your bin have a sour smell? You might be overfeeding and conditions are not good near the surface. Does your bin have good ventilation? These are some of the questions you should ask yourself. Listen to your worms.... they are trying to tell you something.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.