Houzz Logo Print
newcap2003

Need help deciding on a grout color for backsplash tile.

Anna Newcastle
hace 8 años

What grout color would you suggest? Using the Gray option (Gris Et Blanc Baroque DA19).for a kitchen backsplash with glacier white granite countertops, coastal gray wood floors and white kitchen cabinets. It is for a beach house. I was leaning towards a light gray grout but have only seen this tile with white grout. Would appreciate any suggestions or opinions?

Comentarios (18)

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

i'd do the light grey, just make sure its the right grey, there are several and you dont want to end up with one that is trending green or blue.

Anna Newcastle agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • emmarene9
    hace 8 años

I'd use off white.

Anna Newcastle agradeció a emmarene9
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 8 años

All of the glacier white samples I have are actually a gray with a bit of a green undertone. It's a very unique gray in this stone. I would be careful that your gray gout does not go too cool or silvery. I pulled my samples out and the best with the glacier white I have here was TEC Standard Gray or TEC Dove Gray. The best white I have here that looked good is Custom Building Products' White Dove. I would advise you look at it carefully with all the colors in your backsplash -on a monitor, colors are very deceiving and it is hard to tell what the backsplash colors actually are.

• Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Here is a better pic of the glacier white countertops which shows the gray streaks not seen in the sample piece I have. It has a leather finish and a decent amount of white...that is the reason I choose this slab.

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 8 años

It looks different in leathered. I would look at the TEC Dove Gray or the Custom Building Products' White Dove grout color. TEC standard gray would be too dark.

Anna Newcastle agradeció a Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Thank you I will check out your suggestions. Do you know if there is a clear grout? I want to keep a monochromatic look and don't want the tile outlines to be too obvious?

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 8 años

I am not aware of anything. I am sure you have seen photos of that tile installed. Even changing the grout, you are not going to achieve a monochromatic look.

Linden Ave. · Más información

• Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks that a good idea!

• Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

This is the only picture I can find of that tile in the gray. Here they used a white grout which really outlines the individual tiles. I want the grout to blend in more so I am trying to match the gray toned tiles.

• PRO
    Brewer's Flooring
    hace 8 años

What is the name of this backsplash tile? Who is the manufacture?

• Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

It is Daltile D19 GRIS ET BLANC BAROQUE

• hsharrington
    hace 8 años

Regarding "clear" grout: If the grout were truly clear, you would be able to see the netting behind it that is holding the mosaic tiles together. You can really see the netting in your original picture. Whatever grey you go with, make sure it is to the green side or whatever white you go with, make sure it is to the grey side. It's a beautiful tile and I'm glad you're doing it justice by really considering all your options.

Anna Newcastle agradeció a hsharrington
  • gtcircus
    hace 8 años

I think the suggestions of doing a mock up board is great. Hopefully that won't break the bank. In a kitchen setting you might also look at dark grout - it would certainly add drama to the tile

Anna Newcastle agradeció a gtcircus
  • PRO
    KHB Interiors
    hace 8 años
    Hello

I would definitely do as suggested with the mock up board. It always works, well most of the time.

I did a similar tile with a grout closely matching the dominant color !

Gorgeous tile !

Best of luck-

KHB Interiors in New Orleans
    Anna Newcastle agradeció a KHB Interiors
  • Anna Newcastle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I was going to do the mock up board with different grouts but I cant find a store that sells small containers of premade grout. All the containers are too big.

• alicefoley
    hace 8 años
    I ran into the same concerns about not wanting an outlined look. Also not wanting the grout to stand out. When you have such a variation in shades of colour it's hard to find a grout colour that disappears. I ended up matching the grout to the lightest tile colour. I'm very happy with my decision. Thankfully so. Good luck
  • lynartist
    hace 8 años
    You may want to check out glass grout. It has a translucent quality, is impervious to staining and mildew and may enhance these lovely tiles.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.