Houzz Logo Print
southernpatina

Bathroom mirror

This is my bathroom vanity. Wall to wall it's about 60" wide.

Height is +/- 5 feet. We had an overhead soffit with a luorescent tube light which has now been removed. The second photo shows a cutout for a glass shelf to hold products.

My question is, about the best size mirror for the space. Is it

I/3 the size of the wall? Half the size of the wall?

I plan on using sconces for the lighting. This is not a wet/damp area, so it doesn't have to be a mirror specifically made for bathrooms. Also, I've seen some mirrors at Pier One for example, but they were extremely heavy - not sure that that's a deal breaker, but I mostly want a good quality mirror that fits well in the space.

The countertop is going to be either a light quarts or carrera marble with polished chrome fixtures and glass knobs on the cabinet drawers. My style is simple, but not stark/ultra modern. My house is from the 80s so very generic looking. Thanks for the advice. If you can shoot me a pic of a nice mirror, I would be very appreciative.

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    hace 8 años

The latest trend is really to do free-standing mirrors- I would go antique look/vintage which is very on trend now and still very classic.

Park Slope Brooklyn Brownstone · Más información

another inexpensive option is get a plain mirror and put a wood border around it using regular pine and paint it the same color as your walls or a contrasting color. I've done this and it looks great.
    FORMA Design · Más información

Good luck!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Good site for decorative mirrors: Uttermost.com

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I actually taped off a mirror about that size, but wasn't sure if it was too big. Thanks for those dimensions - it makes me feel better that I'm on the right track.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Torn about size? Which do you prefer? So accustomed to having an entire mirror wall - but a mirror with sconces will look awesome!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

If you are definitely going with sconces, I prefer the vertical mirror. If you go with vanity lights overhead then my first choice would be to go horizontal, but vertical would look okay too.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Thank you. I like the vertical mirror also bc it gives us the feeling of height. I appreciate your perspective.

• hace 8 años

HI -- Have a look at Ikea ... they have some great mirrors that have LED lights in them --- great idea .

• PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

After looking at hundreds of mirror choices, I found THE ONE! The size is right, it's mirror on all sides and has a combination of silver/gold that will be a nice compliment to the overall theme we're trying to achieve.

I saw a post with a paint color that was described as Gray Blue......anyone have suggestions for this color? I'm hoping to paint the vanity cabinet in this color and the walls in a lighter gray. Thanks again to all that contribute creative ideas and product recommendations.

Also looking for sconces that would work with this mirror! I prefer down lights with a glass globe vs fabric, but am open to suggestions. Choices are daunting!!!!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

7"H 6W - Thought these were sweet, just want to make sure they go with the mirror.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Sherwin Williams 6249 Storm Cloud is a darker gray/blue. You can look at that color palette and go up or down for other values. I've seen SW7653 Silverpointe on walls with blue color schemes and think it works well.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.