Houzz Logo Print
gill_rhodes

Lampshade for hallway

Gill Rhodes
hace 8 años
Hello, I got this new "beachy" lampshade for my entrance hall because I have beachy decor in the house, but the entrance has a lot of traditional features from the 30s brick and tile house plus a NZ kauri hallstand. Can I make this work - eg by adding other beachy elements or should I get a more traditional light fitting? And if so, what would be good? Thanks!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Magins Lighting
    hace 8 años

Hi Gill, I might be biased, but this is the perfect spot for a beautiful classical lantern (entrances usually are)
    By "classical" I don't mean overly decorative or period in fact, I'd probably steer clear of that.
    Just a simple square lantern with clean lines and finished in bronze or aged brass (not polished) would look great.

Derek

Gill Rhodes agradeció a Magins Lighting
  • 2dogssashatess
    hace 8 años

HI that lampshade is out of keeping with the house and hallstand

Gill Rhodes agradeció a 2dogssashatess
  • Susan Ballard
    hace 8 años
    If you want the beachy look the hall stand will need to go or update it with a Annie Sloan chalk paint
    Gill Rhodes agradeció a Susan Ballard
  • PRO
    V Richards
    hace 8 años

1.Take the drawer of your hall dresser to a paint supplier, and get colour match paint to the colour of the kauri wood.

Take a photo of the lampshade with you as well (if you cannot bring the lampshade itself)

2. Gone are the days where you had to have matchy, matchy elements and same style in a space, but it is important that all things are linked and balanced.

By painting the ropey part of your lightshade to look like the kauri wood, you

have linked/connected light fitting and dresser - with COLOUR.

Gill Rhodes agradeció a V Richards
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.