clairebunn

Crate and Barrel Axis ii Sectional Owners - Feedback Requested Please!

clairebunn
hace 8 años

Hello all...

Does anyone own the Crate and Barrel Axis II sectional? Do you love it or hate it?

I am in sofa overload and would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you so much!

Claire

Comentarios (56)

• kreizman
    hace 6 años

We just received ours last month...Love it. We picked the indigo and I was a bit hesitant since I'd only seen the large (about 11x17) swatch..Turns out that though it is a lot of blue, it's very neutral. Comfortable from the beginning..not to firm, but not as squishy as the one that's been on the showroom floor for a few years.

• marycannonball4
    hace 6 años

I am on overload also. After going to more than I want to say furniture stores, I landed in Crater Barrel and fell in love with the Axis ll. Question for everyone....what colors did you pick? I am having a difficult time deciding.

• tropitango
    hace 5 años

We are trying to pick out a sectional for our theater. Our current couches are so soft and plush, we roll out of them...semi onto the floor and then try to stand up. It's a hoot. So we want comfortable, but not so soft that you sink into them. What's the verdict on this one?

• emaldrich
    hace 4 años

What would you say about the couch a few years in? :)

• Melanie Riley
    hace 4 años

I'm interested in knowing how people like the Axis II a few years in, too. I've been considering this sofa (the standard size, not the sectional) but I've read some bad reviews on the C&B web site about the back cushions being terrible - so squishy that they lose their shape.

• kreizman
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Still love ours a two years later, but acknowledge that we don't have young kids climbing all over them. Still looks like new and still very comfortable.

• sirenity_621
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I've had the Axis II sofa for 4 years, single user with occasional guests, no pets. The fabric I chose was an upgrade, a thick soft chenille in charcoal gray, way heavier than the thin microfiber featured on the comfy showroom sample at that time. It is absolutely gorgeous and dense... however, I think that density may have sabotaged the seat cushion comfort. I consider it only marginally tolerable for sitting or reclining, it feels hard and has no 'spring' at all, so you sort of land with a thud. I've considered having the cushion's innards remade with spring coils, but am not sure if that will do the trick. The store replaced the cushions within 6 months of my purchase, btw, right in front of me so that I could see they were indeed new. So I credit them for attempting to help, but the new cushions felt the same. 90% of the time I sit in my 25-year-old leather club chair. My advice is to consider your fabric selection carefully, since it may drastically affect your comfort level. But if you go too thin, imo the fabric can look too casual and even sloppy in no time. In the showroom I LOVED the feel, but disliked the featured fabric.

Sources: "Counterpoise" floor lamps, RH; rustic caster coffee table, Wayfair; gothic bookcases, Z Gallerie late-90s; covered wicker baskets, Hold Everything mid-90s; faux wolf fur throw, RH; b&w pillow covers, H&M; faux shearling pillow covers, Pottery Barn; bound carpet area rug special ordered through the Home Depot carpet dept, "Trendy Threads 2" in color "Classy".

• Usuario de Houzz-723780105
    hace 3 años

We bought the Axis a year and a half ago, with the standard microfiber fabric and our cushions are still hard as a rock. I hate it.

• Usuario de Houzz-723780105
    hace 3 años

We bought the Axis sectional a year and a half ago also and hate ours too. It is still hard as a rock with no spring. The worst piece of furniture we’ve ever purchased. The adults and kids in our family all agree. It also has a steep back angle that I hadn’t noticed which makes it even more uncomfortable for the neck and shoulders. The one on the showroom floor was much softer. Not sure why it’s so different.

• Jessica Gonzalez
    hace 3 años

Hmmm.. Not understanding the negative comments on here. I have the Axis II 3 seat. Bought it in March 2019 and I love it. It is a little firm (not like a rock at all), but I flip the cushions every week when I wash the slip cover (have dogs). This thing has held up amazingly with a family of 5 and 3 rambunctious dogs. Definitely recommend if you have kids and pets!

• kreizman
    hace 3 años

I have to agree with a Jessica.. we have the blue microfiber. it still looks new. Still comfortable.. sure not as slouchy as the floor model that’s been sat on by hundreds If not thousands for years. Maybe they’ve changed the way they are made.

• J A
    hace 3 años

Anybody have advice on cleaning the Axis II standard microfiber? I just bought one, second hand, and want to give it a good cleaning before use. Other than spot cleaning, the website recommends professional cleaning, Do any of you simply throw the cushion covers in the washer, or use an upholstery attachment on your shampooer for the frame, with good results? The last thing I want to do is ruin it before I've even put it in he house

• Jessica Gonzalez
    hace 3 años

I asked the sales guy at C&B when I bought it. He said distilled water and blue dawn dish soap to spot clean. I’ve only done it once when I had the cover off and my dog decided to jump on it with muddy paws. I didn’t use distilled water. Just regular tap and blue dawn soap and it worked perfectly. Hope that helps 😃

• Jessica Gonzalez
    hace 3 años

Sorry just reread your comment. I would not throw it in the wash, but I understand you wanting to make sure it’s clean before you bring it in to your home. If you do decide to wash it. I would wash it on cold, delicate, and probably put each cover in a laundry safe bag (I have tons I bought off Amazon for cheap) Definitely do not heat dry them in the dryer (air dry or use the air dry setting if you have one).

• Runnermom
    hace 3 años

We are considering the Axis II in the Indigo shade. We are also considering whether to make it a sleeper sofa. Anyone know if the comfort of the couch is affected by this? Also would love to hear whether people ate still thrilled or regret going with the Axis II over a different C&B sofa or any other sofa?

• Ellen Matthews
    hace 3 años

I’m considering the axis 11 sectional in leather. Does anyone have one?

• rednovember
    hace 3 años

I had a couple of Axis II sofas in the past and am now on the hunt for a sectional that will fit in our new home. Although I love the size of the Axis II sectional these comments remind me that I did have issues with the back cushions losing their shape. Always had to fluff and smooth too. We bought some higher end Crate and Barrel lounge chairs at the same time that held up much better. The chairs did have a thicker fabric and welting on the cushions which also helps them keep their shape better. Crate and Barrel has a few manufacturers that make their furniture so I suggest having a thorough conversation with your salesperson to get the low down.

• Vera Zonis
    hace 3 años

Has anyone ordered additional pieces to add to their sofa/sectionals after the Fact? We moved and now have more space so want to order another piece. worried that even though it’s the same color, that because it’s still a different fabric roll, it might be off. That and the fact that my sofa is 2 years old and might have already faded a bit due to light exposure. Any thoughts?

• Ashley Marie
    hace 3 años

I am super interested in this couch, as a 3 piece sectional, but I’m so worried about the cushions looking saggy and too worn. any feedback on this?

• mamag70
    hace 3 años

Ashley, we’ve had ours for over 5 years now in leather and thanks to the dogs, our leather is looking worn but not horrible. The cushions are another thing And I’m currently trying to figure out a way to replace the insides. I was hoping C&B would have replacements but haven’t found any so far. We have kids and dogs so we’ve worn them out faster than most people.

• Kristen Euretig
    hace 3 años

We got the axis ii sectional second hand and the seller said it was microfiber - do they still sell the microfiber? I can't tell from the descriptions of fabric options on the site. Also for those asking, I really don't know how old ours is as we bought it in 2018 second hand, but it's fairly comfy if you're not in the crook between pieces IMO and our cushions have held up well. It does say in the care instructions to rotate cushions regularly so they get even distribution

• barclak
    hace 3 años

I just ordered the Axis II in Douglas Nickel. However, I am rethinking my color choice (as I stare at this little swatch). It looks a little purple.... does anyone have this color? I am thinking of changing my fabric to Douglas coffee. Does anyone have any recommendation? Thanks!

• Natalie Jamieson
    hace 3 años

I don’t have one but sat on the Axis today in the store. The floor model was Douglas Nickel which is a nice deep (but not super dark) grey with a tiny herringbone pattern. I tried uploading the picture I took but it wouldn’t upload. Didn’t look purple at all to me....

• Natalie Jamieson
    hace 3 años

Looks like I needed to be on the app to upload pics... here is Douglas Nickel

• sramspam
    hace 3 años

@Vera Zonis not sure if you went through with a purchase but I was just speaking with a Design rep at C&B this weekend and she said that often times they aren't even allowed to order just 1 additional piece because the bolts of fabric have some variability and no matter what, you'll notice a difference in the existing pieces you have vs the new piece. Best to speak to someone and see if it's something that's feasible.

• Kate ORourke
    hace 2 años

Vera Zonis - don’t know where you netted out as your comment was last year but we added a piece to our Axis II in Douglas Nickel a few years after we bought our initial sofa. It worked perfectly. Salesperson warned us the colors may be different but they weren’t. So glad we did it! Made the couch the perfect size to fill out our larger home.

• snowvickie
    hace 2 años

I have had the axis for 10 years. Been amazing. Just now cushions need to be replaced but fabric still looks great. Teen boys, big dogs and cats!

• bellisat
    hace 2 años

clairebunn can you please let me know what fabric your sectional is in....absolutely beautiful from the picture. Thanks!

• lebrockles
    hace 2 años

Have had the Axis for 2.5 years and absolutely love it. It was a fairly large purchase (we got the big sectional), but I have 0 regrets. We use every inch of this couch and while the back cushions do lose their shape occasionally, I simply stomp on them and they’re back to normal. I was reading this post to see if I could wash the covers and I think I might go for it. For reference, we have a 2 year old and a dog

• Cheryl Page
    hace 2 años

Love mine too! Vert ra

• Cheryl Page
    hace 2 años

Let me try that again! Love my Axis sofa! I have two filthy dogs and I have taken the covers off and thrown in the wash and let dry outside! Looks great still. Now I gotta deal with a couple of chewed ends. I’m reaching out to c&b to see if I can order a new cover and then I will finally get a cover for my sofa! I chose this sofa due to its hardiness.!

• Maria
    hace 2 años

Sadly we ordered the Axis in light grey this past September. We waited patiently for the 7 months and a few weeks ago it was delivered to our new home. As the deliver folks pulled away my boyfriend noticed light staining on both (insides) of the arms of the sectional. We immediately contacted Crate and Barrel and they put us in touch with a steam cleaner. The steam cleaner came out and said there was no way to get the stains out. He said it was coming from the foam that was used inside of the couch. Crate and Barrel gave us the options 1) order a new Axis 2) take a discount on this one and have someone replace the foam inside or 3) get a refund. Like many of you know, finding a couch you like is a challenge but for the life of me I just don't trust that the next Axis won't have the same issue.

• Green IowaAcres
    hace 2 años

Oh no, That’s unfortunate to hear Maria! Now I’m nervous as I have one in order now that don’t be here until August. What color did you order? I believe we got the Douglas Ice.

• Maria
    hace 2 años

It was charcoal -- hopefully yours will be fine!

• Shannon Capocci
    el último año

Maria what did you decide to do? We ordered the charcoal.

• loquintanilla123@gmail.com
    el último año

I just ordered the charcoal too...I originally ordered the Oceanview sectional but they have been pushing my deliver date so much I finally told them to cancel my order and decided to try the axis II. I really hope it's worth it as I didn't see it in person only online.

• Thi Le
    el último año

I have 2 Axis sectionals. One is microfiber charcoal, which I love from a comfort stand point but not in love of the look of microfiber. The other one is a textured weave fabric in cement, love the color but hate the feel of the fabric. The textured weave is not as comfortable to the skin and the feathers from the cushion come falling out way more than the microfiber version.

• sirenity_621
    el último año

To Thi Le's point, the thicker chenille fabric I chose had a hugely negative effect on comfort. The microfiber is thin, and apparently that's key. As beautiful as some of the thicker fabric weights are (and mine is really pretty), the thickness interferes with the cushioning. My guess is that inner springs would be an improvement, but I haven't 'sprung' for that extra expense yet.

• mmc429
    el último año

I have the Douglas Nickel sectional.
    Does anyone have experience uncoupling the chaise from the sofa? I want to take it apart and then put it back together.

• mmc429
    el último año

In a final attempt, I tried simply lifting and it came right apart. It has a simple alligator clamp- very easy.
    Also put it back together after a quick soft vacuuming and that was easy, too!

• hzelko
    el último año

Anyone have the reversible chaise sofa ? apparently it is considered ”custom” and so return,exchange or refund permitted and they recently just raised the price by $400

• cmc2242
    el último año

Any one have the charcoal? I've had the coffee for 15 years. But they do not have charcoal sampled in store.

• cmc2242
    el último año

Please add pics of charcoal if possible

• Neda Wendell
    el último año

Anyone have the Eclipse

• D G
    hace 7 meses

I’m also considering the axis reversible chaise. I’ve called several C&B stores to ask about it and they argued with me saying that it doesn’t come with a reversible chaise. Wish the employees were familiar with their products.

• mmc429
    hace 7 meses

Maybe you could provide them the SKU of 421018

• andrealynn10
    hace 6 meses

I was considering the Douglas Nickel but all the people saying it looks purple in their homes has me worried. Does anyone hand Douglas Indigo or Douglas Charcoal with photos?

• rcarloma
    hace 2 meses

Does anyone have the axis in Icon Stone fabric? I’d love pictures and reviews

• Thi Le
    hace 2 meses

This is the douglas charcoal. It can lean slightly purple depending on the wall paint and lighting. Before our remodel we had a light taupe paint color and it definitely leaned purple.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.