Houzz Logo Print
maryahmed

Tile or Laminate in basement entrance?

maryahmed
hace 11 años
We are renovating our basement and put dark laminate in the entire living room/kitchen area. As soon as you pass the stairs, there is a hallway that connects with the living room/kitchen. This hallway has a door to a bathroom on the left. We are unsure whether we should tile the entrance hallway to create visual separation or continue with the dark laminate to make the basement flow better and look bigger? Would love your advice!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 11 años
    Personally I would continue with the dark laminate for the basement floor as well so everything reads as one plane thus visually opening up the space.
  • PRO
    Alder and Tweed Design Co.
    hace 11 años
    I would go with Tile to break it up a bit and add some visual interest!
  • maryahmed
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thanks guys - we actually started laminating it but there are two bedrooms and both of them are also laminated as well as a second hallway.....so we thought the entire basement might look too overdone with the laminate and it might be nice to add some visual interest...so I'm thinking of leaning towards Alder and Tweed's suggestion. Now - which tile to pick? I want something that will flow nicely into the laminate but contrast as well.....thoughts?
  • maryahmed
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I'm thinking a dark grey porcelain tile like the one below.....any thoughts? Will it be too dark for the basement?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.