Houzz Logo Print
alcor001

Master required on main level?

alcor001
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

I have been told on a number of occasions that you *must* have a master bedroom on the main level for resale value. Is this true?

Yes
No

Comentarios (8)

• Ava Williams
    hace 8 años

Nah.

• acm
    hace 8 años

Depends very much on region -- where I live (mostly townhouses side by side) that would be virtually impossible. If most houses are ranches, then maybe nobody wants to climb stairs. Would ask your sources why they say that.

• Ava Williams
    hace 8 años

Agreed acm!

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años
    I'd imagine this is a regional thing? Where I live is quite established , not a lot of new construction and first floor masters are quite rare. And while they are great for aging couples or families with older children , I'd think they'd be viewed as a negative for families with babies and young children.
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

do it to suit yourself, not for resale. that said, the trend is to more older people than younger people....them's the facts....

• PRO
    Caveman Home Theaters
    hace 8 años

I think the Master should be located on the first level. Most people I know eventually age and with age comes a desire to stop climbing stairs. So if you plan on growing old in the home look for one that has the Master down stairs.

• handmethathammer
    hace 8 años

I agree with susanalanandwrigley that it depends on the buyer. When I had babies and young children, I would not have wanted to have the master on a different level than the children. I didn't even like the split bedroom ranches in those days. There is a lot of getting up in the night and shuffling to bedrooms during those years. Now that my children are older, that is no longer a concern and I do want a master on the main level.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.