hayley_haldiman

Gutting and redoing bathroom, completely lost on what to do

Hayley Haldiman
hace 8 años

Toilet is where picture is taken from. Bathroom is a lot longer than it appears and skinny maybe 57 inches. I want to put a bathtub where the shower is and then a glass shower where those tall cabinets are. Husband wants the bathtub where the tall obnoxious cabinets are (ending at about the end of the sink) and the shower to stay where it is but to be glass.. The door is directly across from the cabinets. We both agree that we want the bathroom to look more open and clean.. We will be moving the sink to be a large sink 2 faucets starting from the end of where the mirror is now. My questions are A. what would you design it like if this were your bathroom? B. Any ideas on how to open this room up while adding a bathtub?

First room we are redoing, harder than I thought it'd be! Any advice or ideas are appreciated!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Rebecca Quandt Interiors
    hace 8 años

If you respond with the exact overall measurements of the bathroom, I'm happy to do a couple complimentary basic layouts for you. I am a virtual designer, so feel free to contact me if you would be interested in seeing 3D renderings of the two options. I can also develop any construction documents you may need for your contractor.

Hayley Haldiman agradeció a Rebecca Quandt Interiors
  • PRO
    Advent Home Solutions
    hace 8 años
    From what you have said it does not sound as if the room is large enough to accommodate a separate tub and shower stall. Difficult to tell for sure from the photo but I am imagining you pressed in to a corner taking the photo which would seem to confirm this. A standard bath tub is 5' which is why so many bathrooms are 5' x something. The important width is from stud to stud ... If you measure from painted wall to painted wall then add 1" (for 1/2" drywall on either side) this will give you a true rough room width between which a tub with tiling flange would have to fit ... Most 5' tubs are actually around 59" but check specs before purchase. An average tub would be about 32" back to front.
    A small shower would be 30" on the inside plus the curb ... That's a fairly cramped shower stall unless it's longer in the other direction. If you want two sinks / faucets for the vanity then the vanity will ideally be 5' or more wide. A typical vanity cabinet is 19-22" deep.
    With knowledge of such measurements and armed with some graph paper you can play around with alternate layouts. Depending on budget, be wary of moving drains (especially toilet) as this can rack up the install cost rapidly and also there are usually structural limitations.
    Hayley Haldiman agradeció a Advent Home Solutions
  • PRO
    Advent Home Solutions
    hace 8 años
    ... And the toilet should fit in to a gap a minimum of 30" wide as by code the centre of the toilet should be 15" minimum from neighbouring items such as a vanity or wall. 17" is more comfortable if the space allows.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.