Houzz Logo Print
sallyhart

What sort of sorter are you? A laundry Sort? Kitchen Sort? An All Sort

Clever Closet Company
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

Where do you fold/sort/iron the laundry?

Crisp Architects · Más información

I find I still prefer doing it in the kitchen because I can multitask -prep a meal, glass of bubbles and mix with the kids while getting the mundane sorting and ironing done. When they were young though, I enjoyed escaping into the laundry for a bit of quiet radio time. What about you?

In the laundry?
Kitchen table?
All sort- bed, lounge everywhere

Comentarios (26)

• LouieT
    hace 8 años

We moved the laundry & built one with lots of bench space for folding & sorting & linen/broom storage plus WC for pool users.

Bonus is the bar fridge is in there too, along with enough room for pulling up a bar stool & laptop all overlooking the entertainment area & pool ;)

Clever Closet Company agradeció a LouieT
  • Serena
    hace 8 años

I voted laundry room- but if I hang the laundry outside, i like to fold them out there. Make sure I get my Vitamin D levels for the day! Not the big stuff like bedsheets! Just the clothes etc..

Clever Closet Company agradeció a Serena
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

renanev147, I'm with you weather permitting.Do you have a bench out there? I do the sheets out there, I don't mind a little clean dirt, it falls off soon enough and less double handling. Thanks for posting. It's a close poll at this point.

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

LouieT, yours sounds ideal. Obviously plenty of space there and so valuable for utility areas. Especially adding pool gear. Nice! Sorting by the bar fridge on a hot summery day might just mean the single socks finally get partnered up and put away :)

• telperien
    hace 8 años
    I have a small laundry, too small to fold laundry in. I have folded laundry in the lounge room, family room, bedroom, anywhere that has more space than the laundry (couldn't swing even a kitten in there!).
    Clever Closet Company agradeció a telperien
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I hear you telperien, small laundry not the place to be.

• PRO
    INSPIRED 2 GIVE
    hace 8 años

I sort as it gets into the laundry into a whites/darks dual basket. Then when all done I fold in the bedroom - then I know it has to be put away before the end of the day when I crash into bed! I also know that nobody will bother me, unless they want to fold as well ;)

Clever Closet Company agradeció a INSPIRED 2 GIVE
  • paulasiddle
    hace 8 años

I fold everything at the clothes line. My clothes line is close to my laundry, so I then bring back inside and sort on the laundry bench. Depending on my motivation it either goes directly back to bedrooms to be put away or stays for a few days.

Clever Closet Company agradeció a paulasiddle
  • Susan Vale
    hace 8 años
    One child brings it in. Other child sorts and folds. We use the dining room table and things go straight to the bedrooms. Can't stand laundry hanging around. No ironing involved as a ironing is done in the dryer. Duties regularly swap between kids. Works for us.
    Clever Closet Company agradeció a Susan Vale
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I like your thinking INSPIRED 2 GIVE-clever!

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

paulasiddle you seem to really have it sorted. I think if you can do it as it comes off the line you're miles ahead

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Susan ValeNice team work! The family that folds together mould together!

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

jmm1837, I hear you. That's a discussion for another poll. There are some people who still like it. I, surprisingly am one of them. I love the feeling of crisp tea towels and pillow slips. Just feels delicious somehow-perhaps memories of childhood.

• User
    hace 8 años

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

pictures worth a thousand words chook :)

• User
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kn481KcjvMo

YouTube

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

martin mcallister

2.54 mins

Clever Closet Company agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

haha

• isellev
    hace 8 años

I hated the wasted space of a laundry so much, we opted to put the washing machine in the bathroom. Washing is sorted and folded in the family room, whilst watching TV. Makes the task less dull and from there it can go to the correct side of the house, as the family room is the hub. Ironing is done in front of the TV, where necessary, although the clean washing is removed to each person's room first. Each person does their own ironing as they prefer. I stopped doing it for everybody years ago. If the can cook and clean, they can iron. Linen has specified storage centrally. Each bathroom has storage for towels etc. It was designed around how we like to live, when we built.

• PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    isellev, that's the wonderful thing about planning, thinking about how you use your space and designing the solution to suit. Sounds like you have it all sorted just the way you need it too. That's satisfying.
  • angelasusanm
    hace 8 años

I hang items in groups on the line – each person's clothes in a separate quadrant of the line, household/shared Stuff (tea towels, cleaning cloths, sheets, towels etc) in another – sounds a bit weird and OCD but when it comes to folding and sorting it's so easy as it is already sorted! I do it right there at the line and stack it in the basket in sedimentary layers so that it can be taken out easily and returned to the various storage spots (wardrobes, linen press, kitchen drawers etc). Works for me.

Clever Closet Company agradeció a angelasusanm
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

angelasusanm,Awesome! That takes real organisation, but really pays off in efficiency. I've tried this, but never manage to achieve getting the right spacing on the line. Or I start that way but something dries faster in one spot and I end up reusing that spot for a different thing. You're an ace sorter.

• Vy
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

laundry got two baskets dark and light ..I wash ..my youngest hang them out..take them in dump them on our sofa..sort them into our colour baskets..5 different colours for 5 of us..she folds her own..all linen and her dad's and put them away..we all do our own..when I left today the sofa was 99 % empty of clothes except for a few odd socks.

when I get back on Wed the laundry baskets should be full again..no washing hanging or folding when I'm away working..I do my laundry in my half week at home

Clever Closet Company agradeció a Vy
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Uyenvy Le., perfect-another home grown system at work. Colour coded baskets is a great idea. My odd sock basket is half full now, might have something to do with having a young dog around .

• Vy
    hace 8 años

my odd socks drawer is chockers and we don't even have a dog..don't know where they disappear to..once in awhile I'd get the kids to empty all the odd ones from their drawers our drawers bring them out to sort..we used to live in 3 different places daughter studied somewhere else I go from one house to the other working so it's hard with odd socks should be better now that she's back home one less place for missing socks :)

Clever Closet Company agradeció a Vy
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I think we'll cure cancer before we cure odd socks :)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.