Houzz Logo Print
jjackson20

Home Theater suggestions

Jarvis
hace 8 años

Hello all,

I have this bonus room upstairs and I'm just looking to get some suggestions from you guys on some designs. I'm thinking of getting some home theater seats for the room, but I'm not sure about speaker set up, or sound panels/curtains, or A/V rack or console, or making a dry bar, etc. What makes it tough is the ceiling opposite of the door is slanted so it makes the room kind of awkward. I've created some renders, they arent the best but here they are. I'm open to all ideas... And thanks in advance!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Inwallstore
    hace 8 años

Probably something like the photo because of the window on the left back side. We do a nice job of kits at inwallstore.com

• PRO
    Home Theater LA
    hace 8 años

Here is a sample home theater package that would fit this room. An equipment cabinet can go in the rear corner or even front corner if you like to see your components, check out www.BDIUSA.com. An adjacent closet can be a good location for the equipment as well, using a wall mounted enclosure. Do you have a screen size in mind? With the slanted side wall a larger screen will be lower. Keep us updated and/or post pictures and I'll give you more feedback. www.HomeTheaterLA.com

• PRO
    Home Theater LA
    hace 8 años
    Your layout is similar to this room I recently completed.
  • PRO
    Meshberg Group
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Hi Jarvis,

First off, I would suggest maybe doing a big sectional couch or a U shaped sofa, rather than home theater seats. They can be expensive.

Projector vs TV -

TVs now a days are not too expensive and you can get an 80" for the cost of a nice projector.

Projector lamps burn out, and you need darkness.

Sound System -

For 5.1 or 7.1 there are lots of choices, but I would design a small built in to conceal the equipment and use red eyes so you don't have to see the boxes. I would build them on either side of the doors. Make sure to add vents for equipment.

That said, 5.1 is probably good enough, unless you are a major audiophile. Mount speakers under TV, but not too low for center channel and LR.

Then the rear can be up in the ceiling or on stands. The woofer can actually be in front, too.

To finish it off, nice thick curtains will absorb the sound and block out the light.

Happy viewing,

Adam

You can check out two of our designs for home theater / media rooms here on HOUZZ for more ideas:

Ultimate Classic Luxury Home Theater - Seats 18

Classic Luxury Home Movie Theater · Más información

[Sophisticated Man Cave: Home Theater in Modern NYC Loft[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/modern-flatiron-loft-renovation-media-room-contemporary-home-theater-new-york-phvw-vp~38971875)

Modern Flatiron Loft Renovation - Media Room · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.