Houzz Logo Print
jennifersdreamhomeideas

What paint wall colors are best for very dark walnut stained trim?

Jennifer Smith
hace 8 años

Most paint color inspiration photos I've found on the internet display painted trim, usually some variation of white. The trim in my home is a very dark (darkest walnut) stain. Help. I'm having difficulty deciding what wall color to choose. The wall color now is a creamy beige which looks great but, I would prefer something with a little more interest/color. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

If you trim is like this sample in color:

Try BM gray cashmere.

I didn't have the stained trim, but I had several very dark Asian pieces which looked beautiful against the cashmere.

• PRO
    Anne Viggiano Color & Design
    hace 8 años

One idea is to add some warmth with a wheaty/green neutral... sometimes you just gotta go with the dark and make it cozier... also, less contrast with trim= calmer

• Kim
    hace 8 meses

What is the color of your upholstered furniture, accent pieces, etc.? If you go with a tinted paint color and you are not planning on new furniture and decor, be careful of adding color to your walls. Personally, I like the color of your walls as shown. Bring in depth with your decor like dark teal, slate blues, dark greens, or go totally neutral creams and beiges to allow the woodwork to shine but the neutrals keep everything bright. I am more of the color touches on the soft decor like curtains, pillows, rugs, florals and coppers and brasses to play off the dark woodwork and light walls.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.