Houzz Logo Print
annececilia

No candy canes...just eye candy!

AnneCecilia z5 MI
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! I'm being lazy this morning, relaxing after two very family filled days, just hanging out in my pj's and robe, playing with the Violets and taking some photos (which I always mean to do and so often don't have time for.) Enjoy!

Blue Dragon:

Blue Mink:

Candlelight Romance:

Cupid's Jewel:

Ellie Gardner:

Frozen in Time:

Geyser of Color:

Imp's Spirit Warder:

Nortex's Snowkist Haven:

Royal Rage:

(continued)

Comentarios (21)

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

And a few more...

Scarlet Sky:

Starry Night Blue:

The chimera Sweet Tea (with a new bloom as a double):

And an older Sweet Tea bloom as a single:

Old Fashioned Rose:

Designer Star:

(Optimara) Cezanne:

And lastly, Sierra Sunrise:

Hope you enjoyed the gallery, and hope Santa was good to you.

Anne

• irina_co
    hace 8 años

Thank you, Mz Santa! This an excellent way to start a day!!! And end a year!

• fortyseven_gw
    hace 8 años

Thank you, these photos make visiting this forum so worthwhile. Joanne

• coculo4
    hace 8 años

I just love looking at your beautiful Violet's. Keep the pics coming.

• fortyseven_gw
    hace 8 años

Between Aegis' wonderful photos, Anne's, and Polina's, we are treated to much beauty. It's one thing when a vendor has great photos, they are supposed to. However, it is more meaningful when a person on this Forum shares, and gives feedback and answers questions. As Irina said, it makes it seem more achievable for the rest of us. Joanne

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

You're welcome, all - and thank you for being here to share with! Who else would appreciate my photography? ;-)

• irina_co
    hace 8 años

Did I say it? Senior moment...

One plant at a time, one photo at a time...

Love the blossoms on your Sweet Tea chimera - never saw this one before.

Your photography - with some touches - should be used for making personalized greeting cards. You send Birthday cards and all kind of Holiday Cards...

I.

• irina_co
    hace 8 años

Guys - Polina recommended me an AV Russian Forum - and they are running a Christmas AV card competition. Some of these cards are really great - think about what personalized cards you can make with your plant photos.

http://www.fialki.ru/node/12753

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks for the compliment, Irina and for that link (and thank you, too, to Polina!) Very cool compositions, there. I especially thought the Perfect Harmony/blue snowflake card was gorgeous. Yes, I should start working on such an idea early in the year for the next season because I know I would never find the time once my mind turns to Christmas come December!

Sweet Tea was a big splurge for me this past fall. The name caught my attention because it made me think of my late husband as he was very fond of the drink and the only recording of his voice that I have is a short clip of conversation at our kitchen table with him talking about sweet tea to our son...so it was a sentimental thing for me (but it helped that the blooms were so beautiful!)

• irina_co
    hace 8 años

It is not a splurge - it is a tribute!

You can start working on Easter cards ;-)). If something comes to bloom in pastel colors - think about a composition!

Irina

• tabb
    hace 8 años

Thank you so much for taking pictures & displaying them here for so many of us to admire. They are all BEAUTIFUL & so many great variegated varieties. I have 'Blue Dragon' & 'Starry Night Blue' just large enough to start budding soon so yours encouraged me of what awaits me.

To everyone else thank you also for the great input. I check in every few days to learn something new from all your combined knowledge & experience.

To everyone "Happy Growing in 2016". Trudy

• Rosie1949
    hace 8 años

So absolutely beautiful! And that Chimera! And all the rest! I would not be able to pick just one,,,,,or two,,,,,,or-well you get the idea!!!! Rosie

• cottonwood468
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

wowie, I just stopped by waiting for midnight here, what beautiful photos! Glad I stopped by. African violets in my 2016!

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Glad we could hook...ah, that is, entertain you! ;-)

• Rosie1949
    hace 8 años

Anne, well put! here here!!!! PS. Just so you know Anne,,,,,I cut and pasted every one of these pix so I can always look at them! I do that with almost all of the violet pix posted on this forum!!!! Rosie

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Rosie my friend, you are an addict. Luv ya.

• Rosie1949
    hace 8 años

Awww, (blush) thanks Anne! You bet your sweet violets I am!!!! haha Rosie

• User
    hace 8 años

That Spirit Wanderer has gorgeous flowers! There was one on Lyons similar to it that I was eyeing up but it was sold out when I went to order it D:

Although really all of your violets are gorgeous! C:

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you, Artsy. Imp's Spirit Warder is one that is hard to get true, I've read. I was very lucky in this plant that I grew from a leaf I bought from Bloomlover's; it is one of my favorites.

Anne

• emmsmommy
    hace 8 años

Very beautiful! I've just gotten back into violets in the past year and I'd forgotten the anticipation and joy of discovering new blooms. Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection.

• PRO
    Appalachian Ironworks of Va.
    hace 8 años

Thank you! They are lovely!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.