Houzz Logo Print
daffodilcottage

Bathroom countertop trash can access.

daffodilcottage
hace 8 años
Is it incorrect to have a small hole drilled in my bathroom marble countertop so I can place a trash can below? It will be a beautiful high quality bathroom when done but we didn't plan for a place for the trash can. Would this idea seem too much like a hotel?

Comentarios (9)

• acm
    hace 8 años

I've never met a bathroom that didn't have room for a trash can next to the toilet. I wouldn't wreck my counter to get the job done.

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años
    Also I don't think it'd function as you expect. For instance I was at the gym this morning and they have that setup, and while applying moisturizer the lid from my bottle fell thru the hole into the trash below. I think that kind of thing could happen a lot. If you don't want a trash can out, put a small one in vanity and open door for access.
  • PRO
    Colorado Window Source & More
    hace 8 años

I agree, I don't think that you will achieve the look that you are going for. I would find a really nice waste basket that you can leave out, or put under the sink.

• PRO
  • Rebecca Hicks
    hace 8 años

NO also.

• miacometlady
    hace 8 años
    No..no..no! Smile.
  • leelee
    hace 8 años

I get that you want a handy trash basket. Do you have a closet? A vanity with doors? Put the trash can in one of those locations. If it's a bother to open and close the vanity door each time you need to dispose of a Q-tip then put it in easy reach while you're doing your thing and then back out of view when you exit the room.

• Lisa Williams
    hace 8 años

What about making one of your cabinet doors either slide out (like a kitchen trash pull-out cabinet) or one that tilts out with your trash can? It sounds like you have room to do so :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.