Houzz Logo Print
euroluxhome

New Siding on 1920s Bungalow

EuroLuxHome
hace 8 años

We have been renovating our 1920s vintage bungalow and although the inside and the landscaping needed a lot of work, we hadn’t originally planned to replace the exterior siding. However, after we pulled down the interior walls and could actually see
daylight through the old lap siding (because there was not a single
piece of insulation), we knew that we'd have to change the siding too. (We also found termites eating one part of the house!)

The new exterior siding (below) looks much better and we added OSB under the
siding for more stability. We chose HardiPlank lap siding instead of
regular wood
siding as it doesn’t rot. We didn’t like the stock colors for having the
siding ready-painted so we ordered it in yellow primer so we could paint it later.

We ultimately painted it blue:

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 8 años

Looks great!

EuroLuxHome agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Colorado Window Source & More
    hace 8 años

Amazing Job, I love the blue it was a fantastic choice!!

EuroLuxHome agradeció a Colorado Window Source & More
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Beautiful! I love the extension and the windows. Looks great!

• sabra900
    hace 8 años
    Why did you screen in the welcoming front porch? Siding looks great but the porch has an ominous blocky look...is it a regional thing? We live in a neighborhood like yours full of these old homes but nobody screens porches.
  • PRO
    EuroLuxHome
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Here in South Carolina many people do screen in their porches. We have six indoor cats that love to sit on the screened-in porch and look out all day - plus it keeps the mosquitos out when we're grilling! The screened porch is much more enjoyable for us and the fuzzy babies!

• PRO
    Morrone Interiors
    hace 8 años

Great update!

EuroLuxHome agradeció a Morrone Interiors
  • PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    hace 8 años

Very nice! I like the porch and the paint color.

EuroLuxHome agradeció a Design Directives, LLC
  • Architectural Notice
    hace 8 años

Nice update.

EuroLuxHome agradeció a Architectural Notice
  • PRO
    Vibrant Vision
    hace 8 años

Way to go. Its beautiful.

• PRO
    Colorado Window Source & More
    hace 8 años

Looks amazing!! We love James Hardie Siding, our customers are always extremely happy with the finished product..

• Deborah Obrien
    hace 7 años

The final looks a nice version of my house. With the question of enclosing the porch, I originally didn't want to, but it expanded the living area of the house and really brought in a lot of light. We have too many mosquitoes to sit out comfortably in summer, and it's too darn cold even in early spring and late fall. I'd like to put in big windows during the winter, plus a gas fireplace so we can use it a little longer during the year.

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    hace 7 años

Well done!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.