Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_mckay2633842

Wolf convection steam oven vs Miele steam oven?

Suzanne M
hace 8 años

Help! Had my heart set on Miele steam oven but have no one in my area to get parts from in a timely fashion. It has been recommended to replace with Wolf combi steam oven. Apparently the Wolf has very poor instructions for use and virtually no recipes! Any advice appreciated!!

Comentarios (15)

• gtcircus
    hace 8 años
    I have no advice, but love the discussion. In same predicament.
  • PRO
    Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Hi Suzanne M and bellburgmaggie, I'm Sarah and I work at Sub-Zero and Wolf. The convection steam oven is personally one of my favorite Wolf products due to its versatility. If you'd like to learn a bit more about it before you make a decision, I welcome you to visit a Sub-Zero and Wolf showroom nearest you and even attend a convection steam oven cooking demonstration. (To find the showroom closest to you please visit www.subzero-wolf.com/locator.) This demonstration will allow you to see (and taste) the oven in action. You'll also be able to ask our chefs and staff any questions you may have. Regarding further instructions and recipes, we recently published a cookbook full of recipes and techniques specific to the Wolf convection steam oven. Have a look here. I'm also happy to answer any other questions--let me know how I can help. Thank you!

• Suzanne M
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you Sarah! I'm going with the wolf!! I wish that Wolf could make the ebook into a real cook book?! It would be much easier to use!!

• PRO
    Clarke - New England’s Sub-Zero & Wolf Showroom
    hace 8 años

Suzanne M - Brian from the New England Sub-Zero and Wolf Showroom. Wolf does make this Steam oven book in a physical hardcover book! I have plenty here, if you'd like, please send me a direct message and I'll send one your way!

• Suzanne M
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Brian, that would be much appreciated if you could send me the link!! I want to read every page!! I'm not that interested in e books! Thank you!

• PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

You Got it! Please send me an email with your address: bbugler@clarkeliving.com and I will make sure to send it out ASAP!

• Suzanne M
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you so very much!! I'm getting very excited about Wolf!!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Suzanne,

You are making a great choice for the Wolf Steam oven. I got rid of my microwave once I got a Steam oven in my apartment, and I haven't needed one it in two years! It's my most used appliance in my family's kitchen. I Hard-boil my eggs every Sunday for breakfast for the week. You don't even need to remove them from the carton, just put the whole thing in and it will take care of the rest.

If you are like me, I love seeing the product in action and learning how it works and some recipes. Here are a couple videos from Iron Chef contestant Ming Tsai on what he uses it for on his cooking show!

Cooking Salmon in steam oven - https://youtu.be/axp_Av45cGU

Cooking a turkey in steam oven - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7t5CM8-gM

Wolf Gourmet mode explained in Steam oven - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedUygM0uIM

Defrosting and cooking in one step in the steam oven - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YucWJ1C8ZLc

Also, I got your email and will be sending you on the Steam oven cookbook on Monday, December seventh. Please do let me know when you get it just so I can make sure. Enjoy!

• Suzanne M
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you so very much!! I'm loving the Wolf!!

• kitchengirl
    hace 8 años

Suzanne, Not sure if you know about it, but the GardenWeb side of Houzz, has a much deeper history of in-depth discussions on kitchens and appliances and on both the Miele and Wolf combi-steam ovens. For example:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2343908/miele-vs-wolf-steam-oven?n=37

So if after you install your Wolf combi-steam, and you have a question on how other people cook something, or want to bypass a feature, you can ask for "real life" feedback there.

• Suzanne M
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you!!

• Kuma Dee
    hace 7 años

I have just bought wolf for our Maine kitchen. I got the steam convection because I did the class down at Clarke in Milford, MA and I was SOLD! Can anyone recommend which tray inserts I should get?

Thanks!

• PRO
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hi Libby!

The
    unit comes with one full size solid pan and one full size perforated.

My
    favorite accessories are:

solid “square like” stainless pan 12 ¾” x 1 ¼” x 14”

solid “mini rectangular” stainless pan 12 ¾” x 1 ½” x 7”

full extension rack glides

Happy cooking!

• portland_family
    hace 7 años

I own the Wolf Steam Combi CSO024. Save yourself a headache and DON'T BUY IT! This oven gave us problems from the beginning. Sometimes steam wouldn't come out. The controls didn't always respond. After being installed for three months, it completely died. Over 3 months later, it's still broken. The Wolf certified repair shop has been at our house 4 times and replaced the same part twice and the control board. It still dies with a loud POP and blows a fuse when they power it up after trying a new part. Wolf is unwilling to replace it. They've just ordered yet ANOTHER part. I've been without a steam oven for longer than I've owed it now. I didn't have the oven for the holidays, and Wolf couldn't care less. I predict my warranty will be expired before they fix it. I just bought a SubZero and Wolf cooktop as well. I really expected better customer service.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.