• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Match it to the wall color.

Swallow Drive · Más información

Or darken the walls so it stands out.

Mix it up · Más información

• leelee
    hace 8 años

Yes! That would really refresh your room.

• Rina
    hace 8 años

No, I wouldn't paint it. But then I'm old-fashioned girl. What I might do is consider a vertical piece of art on the wall to the left to balance it, because it seems as though there is a sliced effect there between the brick and the wall surface. Needs pulling together. I stole a bit of your TV image and added a touch of green for balance, but I think a wood carving would work very well there, too.

• gtcircus
    hace 8 años
    I think the problem is that the fireplace color is one dimensional. I think if you hired a professional who knows how to paint it to look like real stone (faux finisher) you could make it look beautiful.
  • Stephanie Emmert
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

thank you everyone! I know, I have gone back and forth on the color. Right now I'm leaning towards a warm white. Rina, great idea. I have two framed pieces of art that I could do in a vertical arrangement right there, It really does look good having something there. I would like something larger above the fireplace but haven't found the right piece yet.

• gtcircus
    hace 8 años
    here are some photos
  • Stephanie Emmert
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

great idea, thank you

• Monica Ellison
    hace 8 años
    Painting the fireplace can be labor intensive. My recommendation is to start with painting the mantle white, add a decorative screen and a light colored canvas print. This is my 1967 fireplace before and after.
  • terry toon
    hace 8 años
    Your fireplace is just styled a little weak. Removing the mantle would be great, but painting the brick is not a good idea. Get a big piece of art (as big as your tv), a big green plant in a beautiful pot on the left side, maybe stack a few logs on the right side. Right now you have too many little things around the fireplace so it looks a little chintzy.
  • PRO
    Wg Gasser Design
    hace 8 años

I like the idea of painting; a white or slightly off-white of your choice... just make sure you use a paint sprayer... the coverage and texture will turn out much better than if it applied with a brush or roller...

• PRO
    Annie Santulli Designs
    hace 8 años

I would paint it a soft white...not a stark white. Buy a few paint colors and sample it first.

• User
    hace 8 años

Yes, paint! It will update, lighten, and brighten your room. I once painted my bricks white and then sponged a soft creamy beige over the white creating a faux finish. It changed the space dramatically. Not labor intensive at all.

I like the idea of either painting your bricks the same color as the wall or using an off white opposed to a stark white. Also, paint the shelf on the mantel white to highlight it and find either something larger to display on it or keep the painting you have and place something tall on the other side of the mantel. The vase you have there now is lost because the bricks are so dark.

Get some paint samples. Good luck.

Painted Brick · Más información

Designer Show House 2015 · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.