Houzz Logo Print
tsmcfarland

Pulls vs knobs

tsmcfarland
hace 11 años
We are in the process of updating our kitchen for resale, the cabinets are oak and in very good shape , but they have a built in type pull and I have been thinking about adding hardware type pulls and or knobs. Once I make that first hole I am in too deep.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Peggy Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Absolutely add the hardware. I have done so many of these for clients who are selling. I use normally the bronze 8 pack of knobs that you can get at Home Depot for about $15.00 or something. On the doors place knob straight across from hinge on the opening side.

DO NOT use brush nickle on these cabinets or they will look cheap. The bronze enhances the nature of the wood. And it is absolutely okay and in this case correct to not have your knobs match your faucets.
  • nasmijati
    hace 11 años
    I would leave the cabinets and drawers as they are. Let the people who buy the house decide what kind of hardware they want, or if they want any hardware at all.
  • PRO
    Peggy Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    The very reason we don't leave these thing for buyers to decide, is that studies show that when you stage homes - properly aesthetically complete the picture for them- they pay on average in the vicinity of 300% of the cost of the ivestment of the staging. Plus it sells the house faster and the buyer is more emotionally committed to it.

When homes need work Buyers feel like bargainng more, because they feel it is going to take them a lot of time money and inconvenience. Plus they do not realize how much nicer this kitchen is going to look with these knobs. It is a lot like you or me without our make up or our hair done. Yes we are basically still the same underneath, but others will assess us according to how they see us, not how we can look.
  • PRO
    Reviving Design
    hace 11 años
    As a certified home stager...I couldn't agree with you more Mary ....on both comments!
  • tsmcfarland
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    We have been on the fence about the knobs but now no that is the right decision ,thank you .... We are changing the floor adding back splash and paint but now the next decision -counter top ---it's outdated but not wore out .
  • nasmijati
    hace 11 años
    Oh, now I understand about putting on hardware before selling a house.

If I may make a suggestion based on my experience, I prefer a cabinet/drawer pull rather than a knob. It is easier for me to use with my arthritic fingers. A pull that is three inches wide with a one-inch depth to accommodate fingers works well for me.

One can purchase templates at a hardware store so that each knob or pull is aligned "just so."

Best wishes.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.