Houzz Logo Print
tomly74

Basement Concrete Floor - epoxy paint

Kristina
hace 8 años

Has anyone done an epoxy paint treatment on a basement floor? We would like to paint our mechanical room floor and feel like the epoxy kits might provide us with the durability and quality paint we are looking for. Just wondering what other folks experiences are.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 8 años
    most diy products will last about 3 years before needing to redo it if the room is small I say that's a decent product if you want something more durable contact a pro.
  • PRO
    Everlast Epoxy Systems Inc
    hace 8 años

Paint will trap in the concrete moisture that so many basements have. Here is a better basement floor solution. http://www.everlastepoxy.com/pebblestone-river-rock/how-to-install

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

I've heard the 2-3 years of duration as well. I have a few friends in the epoxy business and they all say the same thing: they are called in to redo "DIY" concrete floors because none of the precautions for moisture and mitigation were followed (because no one knows about them let alone knows how to deal with them).

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.