kheimstra

Help: My master bedroom needs some love!

Kristen Heimstra
hace 8 años

My husband and I are almost finished with a full home renovation. I am struggling with figuring out what to do with my master bedroom. We bought this cool reclaimed wood bed but that is all we have so far. I would like to find a way to tie in the reclaimed/industrial look that my husband loves with something a little more feminine for me. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Comentarios (15)

• acm
    hace 8 años

Agree that bedding, rugs, lampshades, and art are where you spin your industrial look warmer or starker, as you prefer...

Princess Margaret Residence · Más información

Philadelphia Penthouse Apartment · Más información

red interiors · Más información

Homefest 2012 · Más información

My Houzz: Garage Sale Meets Glam in Ohio · Más información

Kristen Heimstra agradeció a acm
  • lisa_esqueda
    hace 8 años
    Art always is a great option then take some inspiration from there
  • PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    hace 8 años

Great Start.

I think you need quality bedding...consider eastern accents. Look at a company called Four Hands for inspiration. They will give you ideas of how to use metal to complete your space.

I think this space will be amazing when completed.

There are a few blog posts that may help you out.

http://www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog/

• Magda Mihaescu
    hace 8 años

Use a warm color (warm grey) behind bed and a more neutral for the rest of the walls. Make sure u use a lot of mood lighting but modern (for your husband) which I think u will like too. Depending on your budget, IKEA has a lot of good lighting. Then make sure you go in overstock and get one of their fluffy rugs and lay it out from middle of bed and it just stick out at the bottom of the bed. That will make really cozy. Get some really nice art work of your choice and frame it well. Maybe some family pics. That always fares well. Something that really adds pizazz, makes room look double its size and adds a lot of mood is a full mirror wall. I love IKEA so I will mention again that they have these foot mirror that you stick in the walk. They look amazing. Good luck

• PRO
    Dark Eclipse Studios
    hace 8 años

I agree with Lisa about art on the walls. Right now all of them are empty and make the room uninviting. Check out my website @ http://www.darkeclipse.com for some of my fine art prints available for purchase.

• marycifuentes
    hace 8 años

that is an amazing bed and floor already! metal accents/metal table. or maybe a piece of art/metal sculpture would enhance the look. neutrals for the bed. please post an after pic! I don't think brightly colored art would work in this room, I would consider a black and white photographs.

• ycity
    hace 8 años
    The second picture Diane posted is amazing! I especially love the Edison bulb. You can stick with neutrals with black iron elements or you can use slate gray as color for walls or rug. I also see curtains with black iron and other black iron elements.
  • michigammemom
    hace 8 años

I love the unexpected but curvy and feminine bench at the foot of this rustic bed.

Seaward, Corona Del Mar · Más información

• Kristen Heimstra
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

So I took everyones advice and got more neutral bedding. Thank you for your help!!! Any ideas for artwork above the bed?

• miacometlady
    hace 8 años
    First paint the white vent the color of wall. Art can go lots of directions! A bit of glass in frames for a soft foil to headboard...
  • eveuchan
    hace 8 años
    Love the aqua pillows. Put those in front of the grey and white ones.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    hace 8 años

Many good suggestions above. The accessories can help make it feminine and inviting. I think a lovely chandelier above a more industrial styled nightstand would be a nice compromise. Amy Dutton Home did a great job at adding one of our blown glass pendants we make. Looks pretty romantic to me. She used our handblown Cocoon pendant for this job.

www.shakuff.com

• Rachel B.
    hace 7 años

Hello, I just stumbled across your post. Where did you purchase your reclaimed wood bed from above? I am looking for something just like that right now!

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 7 años
    Hi Rachel, we have a bed from Crate and Barrel's Sierra collection that has a reclaimed wood look, though a bit different from the OP's. See attached pics from C&B website. They have a whole line of reclaimed wood, but we have the bed only, as the light wood frame matches the rest of our bedroom furniture.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.