Houzz Logo Print
justin_ephraim

Just finished live edge wood slab table with no home!

Reduxwood
hace 8 años

Underwater wood · Más información

I have a problem! We have taken 3 years to secure and condition these amazing real reclaimed live edge slabs. These species we have in stock have been submerged underwater for decades some 100 years. Our problem is it seems no one is really interested and new species and a real reclaimed wood program. All they seem to ask for is Walnut from USA or Acacia slabs. Totally common woods and every one has them. Don't people want different and unique any more?

Thanks for constructive comments in advance.

Justin Ephraim CEO Reduxwood

Comentarios (23)

• Jonathan Currey
    hace 8 años
    what kind of wood is that?
  • Luke Buckle
    hace 8 años

Yeah, that looks phenomenal.

• Eileen Edmonds
    hace 8 años
    I'm interested in procuring one. Please advise.
  • charleee
    hace 8 años

Feel free to send it to my house, that's fabulous.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 8 años

Gorgeous table with amazing graining. I would think a table like this would be a very popular item!

• teamaltese
    hace 8 años
    You're in Vietnam? You need to contact the higher end stores, Restoration Hardware, Arhaus, etc. this look is catching on in the US, but the price point for most buyers is low. Beautiful table.
  • Fiona
    hace 8 años

That is totally gorgeous, I can't believe it doesn't have a home.

• PRO
    Reduxwood
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks all for your comments! This is Dragon wood pretty rare and amazing grain for sure! I do work already with RH on other programs. The main issue being every slab is different and unique. Our price points completely work I'd like to say I'll match any price from any known retailer. We are dealing with a real reclaimed item and having been underwater for decades and drying for 3 years I still can compete with some USA suppliers. And shipping from HCMC Vietnam! We are updating our web site soon and have just completed 20 tables which are all amazing! Thanks for letting me vent abit! I'm happy with what we create..

BR

Justin CEO Reduxwood

• chunwong
    hace 8 años
    Fantastic table! I am in the Berkeley, California area and there is a store here called The Gardener. Their website says that they have locations in San Francisco and Healdsburg as well. They have the ability to command and get very high prices on unique furniture such as yours. In my opinion, you need to be seen by clientele who appreciate and are able to pay what your tables are worth. My guess is that there is a lot of interest in your tables, but not at the prices that you think they should command.
  • lmckuin
    hace 8 años

There are stores called "The One" in the UAE. This seems like the type of product that would sell in their stores and the shipping cost/ time wouldn't be as high since it is closer to Vietnam. You might try to contact them. Gorgeous table!

• PRO
    Anna Cottee Designs
    hace 8 años

Adore this table!! I want one! We are currently tearing down some old horse stables on our property and building a large house in their position. We have kept as much of the old timbers as we can and I am going to commission my carpenters to build me a table just like this one. The grain won't be as beautiful of course but I love the idea of using reclaimed wood that is decades old. Can't beat the look of beautiful, old, character full timber.

• charleee
    hace 8 años

Does anyone remember in the 70's, live edge (or what we called burl) wood was practically free? And we made clocks from it? What happened to that???

• PRO
    Anna Cottee Designs
    hace 8 años

By the way, I think your table could definitely find a home here in Australia. One of my clients is the owner of a very high end Furniture store. I think he would love to include your tables in his showroom to sell to his clients. There is also a store in Alexandria on Danks St. The name of the shop escapes me but the owner makes his own very beautiful furniture ( and expensive!) . He also sources unique pieces like this from elsewhere. I recall his first name is James, and the shop bears his name. Does anyone know if the store is still there and what it is called??

• PRO
    Anna Cottee Designs
    hace 8 años

Charleee, I love burled wood! But those clocks!!!! OMG!

• PRO
    Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
    hace 8 años

Fabulous table, which I had a current need. You will find a home, just keep promoting.

• charleee
    hace 8 años

Anna Cottee! I made a burl clock without numbers or dots or anything. It drove my mother crazy, she couldn't tell the time!

• PRO
    Reduxwood
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Greetings All, so good news it found a home! So we have 2 left in stock that are ready to go! The sled base one is just for show, so base not included.

We updated our website www.reduxwood.com for some more details and other finished tables. Thanks again Justin

• PRO
    Muck & Co. Architectural salvage
    hace 7 años

I Think that your tables are Beautiful grained as far as decades under water that is unbelievable. A Metal base is not a Hand crafted item anyways. Contact Muck & Co for beautiful hand crafted American Made items salvaged.

that is how you are supposed to join a book matched slab bud.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

Yes I do know this as a journeyman carpenter and as not a fan of swamp loggers from the south. A rectangle steel base that takes two hours to tac weld grind and clear coat is slapping something together.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

And I'm sorry that is some very beautiful wood I do love the slabs. Great job I do also like the spaces and bow ties you do great work what species of wood is that and what is the buy it now price with shipping to Mi.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

Never mind dragon wood. But what's the price?

• kvdjas
    hace 3 años

What products did you use to achieve that finish?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.