Houzz Logo Print
sarahmel5

Door help

sarahmel5
hace 8 años

Hi Everyone, I need to change our conservatory doors. Should I change it to A. wooden framed full glass panel doors B. French style with 3 glazing bars across and one down (8 sections) C. french style with 3 glazing bars ( 4 sections) D. French style with One glazing bar near the top. What are you thoughts about sliding doors so that the 2 middle sections open side to side or concertina aluminium to be able to open up fully? The window to the side will be changed to sash 10 over 10 to match the rest of the Georgian period. Help! Many thanks.

Comentarios (5)

• Tom Flanagan
    hace 8 años

I'd go for sliding doors on a purely aesthetic basis, though bifold doors look incredible too!

sarahmel5 agradeció a Tom Flanagan
  • Jonathan
    hace 8 años
    I think that since your house has multi paned windows the current multi-paned doors sit well with it.
    Do you particularly want a different look?
    sarahmel5 agradeció a Jonathan
  • sarahmel5
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Hi Tom, would you have plain glass or multi paned doors on the sliding glass doors?

• sarahmel5
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Hi Jonathan, which multi pane configuration do you think would suit best? Do you think it might look too busy? I have louvered blinds in the inside of the glass roof. The conservatory is an extension of the grade II listed georgian house. Do you think wooden frame or a metal framed door ( crittal style).

• PRO
    Value Doors
    hace 6 años

Hi Sarah!

Have you considered Aluminium Bi-folding Doors? We think they'd look great on your conservatory and would join your garden area to the indoors when opened.

Hope this helps

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.