Houzz Logo Print
nytakeiteasy

Classic or boring? Marble vs patterned tile

Khadija
hace 8 años
I'm renovating a tiny Brooklyn bathroom and trying to decide if going all marble is classic or boring? Other thought is to go with a Mediterranean style floor... What do you think?

Comentarios (13)

• User
    hace 8 años

Marble suits what you describe. Think about upkeep.

• Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    hace 8 años

Two totally different looks. When thinking about decor, I like to respect the style of the home. Try to connect your homes style to one of these floors, if possible.

• Khadija
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks. I agree with that train of thought. I'm remodeling the whole apartment and honestly, either could be rationalized to fit the surroundings. The building has marble in entryway, and the pattern id go with speaks to the history of the neighborhood. I'm just going back and forth between the two. Tough choice!
  • halcyonbear
    hace 8 años

I think the marble makes more of an impression. If it fits the style of the house, and is within budget that's definitely the way I would go.

hace 8 años

Our bathroom dates to the 1950's and has some marble in the master bathroom. Be aware that marble is more porous than tile and can stain. Leaking faucets have resulted in large rust stains in the marble around where the faucets are located in the countertop. It was this way when we bought it--don't know if this could have been avoided if the leaking faucet problem had been remedied immediately. I've had the marble polished, but they couldn't do anything with the stains. We've just lived with it as is, but it is unattractive. If you are using marble tile, rather than slab marble (which is what we have), you may want to save some extra pieces for repair/replacement in the future.

• PRO
    StoneTop Inc.
    hace 8 años

As per your description about the question, marble suits and look elegant than patterned tile. Marble is actually limestone, as other limestones this too is prone to stains and dull look. For cleaning purpose, use these solutions marble life, SCI, stone tech and miracle. Frequent cleaning and maintaining helps to restore the beauty.

• Khadija
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Here's the alternate look im thinking of
  • Rawketgrl
    hace 8 años

very pretty and interesting

• ycity
    hace 8 años
    I love both. You have amazing taste. You may get tired of the vibrant colors of the Spanish style. The picture you posted most recently is the same look but with less vibrant colors plus rug, maybe this is the perfect medium!!
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

I don’t think those 2 things go together at all my choice would be the marble very classic nd timeless.

hace 8 años

They give the room totally different feelings: the marble is very mellow and and relaxing while the other is more colorful, vibrant and energizing. Which one suits you better?

• PRO
    Eco Brooklyn
    hace 8 años

If the bathroom has a lot of natural light, like in the picture above, marble can give off a really great sense of sunny warmth. Of course that isn't to say certain Mediterranean styles couldn't have the same effect.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.