Houzz Logo Print
synchromom1

Experiences with Starmark Cabinets?

Rosemary Lawton
hace 8 años

Considering purchasing Starmark cabinets for our kitchen and bath renovations in both their painted and stained options as want low formaldehyde cabinetry option. Found some complaints on-line that were several years old. Anyone have any recent (or long-term experience) with this manufacturer they can speak to?

Comentarios (28)

• Michelle Tangstrom
    hace 8 años

We used starmark cabinets in our kitchen reno 3 1/2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Are cabinets are a knotty alder. For us, it was the best quality for the money. We are very pleased with the wear and tear...2 boys and 2 dogs!!

• Rosemary Lawton
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Michelle, thanks for your comments. Have a new appreciation for cabinets now that I have done some hard shopping.! Glad to hear that you are happy with you purchase.

• Michelle Tangstrom
    hace 8 años

Good luck with your decision making.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Michelle Tangstrom
  • Rosemary Lawton
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Michelle how did you find their pricing in relation to other brands? Have gotten an actual quote from a rep for Starmark and only ranges from initial consults re: Dynasty and Mouser. The Starmark bid was considerably higher but based on the actual layout of my kitchen. I don't know how to get real numbers from other lines as everyone wants a deposit before more info. It feels like agreeing to buy a car without knowing what the dealer's actual cost is.

• Michelle Tangstrom
    hace 8 años

We priced out 2 other cabinet lines from different places, similar lines. Reps didn't require deposits. Unfortunately I forget which ones. ..we looked at so many. Overall prices were similar, however Starmark had a few more perks that were standard. They also had the free upgrade to 3/4" plywood. In addition, we loved the staff at the kitchen design. We also did most of the labor ourselves and they were more than accommodating to work with us. We knocked down a wall, converted to gas, moved doors and windows etc. We had a tight budget, but didn't want to skimp on quality. We paid $13,000 for our cabinets. ..stained, roll outs, pantry cabinet, one glass door, rustic alder wood and we did add furniture pegs to the doors. If you search rustic kitchen you can see photos of our kitchen. 2 of our friends completed kitchen renovations at the same time...both did painted cabinets. ..schrock and norcraft lines. Ours have by far exceeded theirs in quality and wear. Not sure if the difference is souly due to painted vs stained. Both need cabinets replaced.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Michelle Tangstrom
  • User
    hace 8 años

I'm not a big fan of their finishes. Plain and Fancy should be in a similar range and is much nicer. Dynasty should be quite a bit less and Mouser more.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a User
  • Sms
    hace 8 años

Love them! Really great quality and arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Sms
  • PRO
    Lampert Lumber - Pella
    hace 8 años

I love Starmark cabinetry and just completed my own kitchen with Cherry Milan. As a designer I have sold many brands of cabinetry for the past 30 years and Starmark never ceases to please my customers with quality, selection and price. Starmark's customer service is the best I have experienced. Their quality better than most and the price is definitely the best of any line I have seen with similar features. I would recommend Starmark to any homeowner or designer.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Lampert Lumber - Pella
  • bobtownsuz
    hace 8 años

Just had my Starmark cabinetry installed last week (painted maple, moss green lower cabs and macadamia uppers) and they are beautiful. Contractor has commented on the quality, said they are very well made; countertop templater also remarked on strong and well made they are and that they will not need any reinforcing for the weight of the counter like some cheaper cabinets do. The paint job is absolutely beautiful. They were slightly more expensive than a quote I had gotten for Executive cabinets but the layout is a little different and I opted for a few glass doors and couple extra features (cutlery drawer, trash/recycle pull out cabinet) that added to the final price. Also the soft close drawers and doors - which work beautifully. The hinges and slides are gorgeous sturdy pieces of hardware.

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a bobtownsuz
  • User
    hace 8 años

We got our cabinets from Starmark for our home and we loved the service we received and the quality of the cabinets so much that we ordered cabinets again from Starmark for a spec house that my contractor husband built. My husband is a former woodworker and cabinet maker and he is very picky when it comes to cabinets and he is very pleased with the product and their prices. I especially love all the different finishes to choose from.

• User
    hace 8 años

• User
    hace 8 años

• PRO
    Daheim Design
    hace 8 años

I've been designing/selling Starmark cabinets for over 4 years and would highly recommend them. First, I love the hundreds of options in door styles and finishes that Starmark offers, as well as, the amount of cabinet options in the spec book. It enables me to find the customized look to help complete the perfect design for each of my clients at a reasonable price point. Second, my installers rave about the beefy construction. It's so nice to send product out to the field with the confidence that it is built to last. I would put Starmark in my personal house in a heartbeat!

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Daheim Design
  • PRO
    Britany Hanthorn with MBS Interiors
    hace 8 años

I am a designer that uses Starmark cabinets and they are always my go to cabinet line. I've read through many of the benefits in the comments above and agree 100%. Their construction is top of the line with endless options as far as doors, colors, and cabinets. I love that they are always introducing new colors and cabinets to stay on top of the industry!

Rosemary Lawton agradeció a Britany Hanthorn with MBS Interiors
  • maria
    hace 3 años

I see these posts are 5 years old...we are considering buying Starmark kitchen cabinets. Did you decide to go with Starmark? And if so, are you happy with them? We have seen them in a showroom and liked them...have seen LOTS of great reviews, but have also seen some bad reviews, that of course makes us a little nervous. Any input from anyone who has Starmark cabinets is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hi Maria-

I am a designer that uses Starmark often and I just installed them in my home. Their finish is the best out there! They are great to work with and I have the fewest warranty issues with them. I highly recommend!

• maria
    hace 3 años

That looks beautiful! Thanks for commenting. I really appreciate the feedback. This is such a big investment, I'm worried of picking the wrong cabinets. The bad reviews make me a little nervous, but to be fair, there's always someone not happy about any product. As a designer do you have experience with their stained wood cabinets? And how often do pieces come in damaged? Seen a lot of those reviews

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Yes we use a lot of stain and their tinted varnish finishes. It is far less often I have warranty replacements with Starmark over the other cabinet brands we use. Starmark has the best packaging on their cabinets that helps a lot. Most of my projects do not have any warranty replacements with Starmark. I always set my clients up though with the expectation that sometimes we do need to replace a piece or two- very, very rarely a whole cabinet box- and as long as you are working with a good designer they will get the warranty replacement ordered quickly, Starmark with put it into rush production, and it shouldn't hold up your job. Good luck with your project!

• Michelle Tangstrom
    hace 3 años

We have star mark stained cabinets, they are about 8 years old now. We love them and have had no issues. We have a smaller kitchen and went with a rustic style.

• maria
    hace 3 años

Thanks for responding. Really appreciate it!

• maria
    hace 3 años

Thanks Brittany. We have a designer/wholesale Starmark distributor that gets great reviews, so pretty confident in who we picked to help us...the harder part was deciding on Starmark cabinets. Can I ask you where you are located? We're in NJ. Not sure if that really makes a difference as far as production of Starmark cabinets.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Sounds like a good source! We are in Ohio.

• Tara Claffey_Dransfield
    hace 3 años

Britany - I just met with a Starkmark dealer as my neighbor used them two years ago and are very pleased overall. Would you mind sharing the cabinet style and color you have in your kitchen? Exactly what I'm going for!

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hi Tara- this is the Chesapeake door style on maple with White on the perimeter and Black on the island and hood. Thanks!

• maria
    hace 2 años

Hi Brittany, you said you work with a lot of Starmark's stained cabinets. Can you tell me which ones you have used quite often...I know white is still trending, but that doesn't really go with my house. Leaning towards a lighter stained wood, maybe in the brown family. My husband loves cherry wood, but those tend to be too dark...having lots of trouble deciding on wood and color. If anyone has pictures of their wood cabinets, would love to see them for ideas...thanks

• PRO
    hace 2 años

Hi Maria-

I would visit your local Starmark dealer to look at the stain samples. It is definitely best to see them in person. Two of my personal favorites are Rattan and Oregano on Alder. Best of luck with your project! Home (starmarkcabinetry.com)

• maria
    hace 2 años

@Britany Hanthorn with MBS Interiors thanks...Oregano on Alder is one of my picks to look at...was also interested in seeing Harvest on Hickory

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.