Houzz Logo Print
lisasandham

Character Home Before and After

LSID loves sharing Before and Afters! Our client is one amazing gourmand that loves to entertain. She needed a larger, open kitchen that would allow her to connect to her guests in the dining room while entertaining, but yet it needed to compliment the style of her character home. A non-load bearing wall was removed to open the existing dining area to the kitchen. Wire brush oak was selected for the floor for it's durability and to convey a heritage feel. If you have pets wire brushed oak is amazing! A white monochromatic colour scheme was desired by the client, which added a fresh, airy feel. New ambient and task lighting was installed to brighten what once was a dark space. The result is a contemporary update that respects the style and ambiance of the client's home. Classic, functional and fabulous!

Comentarios (17)

• User
    hace 8 años

Really like what you did with the space, it makes such a difference...

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a User
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 8 años
    Looks gorgeous!
  • Architectural Notice
    hace 8 años

Very nice. Clean and modern design.

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a Architectural Notice
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    hace 8 años

Great remodel! Love the new white cabinets & wood flooring.

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • acm
    hace 8 años

where did the fridge go??

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Much brighter! Great job!

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a May Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    Lisa Sandham Interior Design
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

The fridge is on an opposite wall and has not been photographed yet. We took a small closet from the entry and space under some the existing stairs to create two large tall pantry units adjacent to the fridge. Essentially it remained in the same spot but we organized it much better.

• PRO
    Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
    hace 8 años

Love the new kitchen! great job!

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
  • PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    hace 8 años

Very nice!

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a Design Directives, LLC
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

It is a huge change for the family. I was so excited to post these pictures. I have not had a chance to have the kitchen shot professionally yet. I will do another post after I get my photographer in there. I love design. It is so powerful and changes lives for the better. The client now has an open concept so she may connect with her guests, a better layout, more light and doubled the storage. I love what I do! Thank you all for your comments!

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    hace 8 años

Beautiful kitchen! Amazing job! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a Stecki Construction
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you Stecki Construction! I am celebrating with the client tomorrow. Champagne toast. The best part of what I do is seeing the smiles!

• PRO
    Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Very bright

• PRO
    DreamSpace Interiors Corp.
    hace 8 años

So before the remodel, did the fridge misbehave and was on permanent time out in the corner? Great transformation! The only thing that got me thinking is the two "levels" of upper cabinets. They look stacked on top of each other and have a bit of a cramped look. But I understand the need for more storage and usable space... Beautiful, bright space never the less.

Lisa Sandham Interior Design agradeció a DreamSpace Interiors Corp.
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Space was desperately needed here so the client desired cabinets up to the ceiling. When short on usable space always look up. I think the off-white works well in this case and it lightens the whole room. A huge improvement for the client! By removing a non-load bearing wall we were able to gain 3'-0" for the kitchen. The fridge was placed under the upper stairwell to the second floor. No other place for it. We took space from a small closet in the front hall and opened up as much space as possible under the stairs. Two large pantry units were installed next to the new fridge. I am visiting the client tomorrow and will post some pictures of that wall.

• laims
    hace 7 años
    What colour of Mercier wire brushed is this? We're considering smoky brown or arabica.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.