Houzz Logo Print
shelleyjr

POLL: COREtec vs Modin Flooring?

shelleyjr
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

Please share your experience with either of these luxury vinyl plank flooring choices.

1. What you like or dislike about them and how well have they held up.
  2. Approximate price per square foot would be helpful too.
  3. Where you purchased, either online or locally.

We are looking for taupe wood colored planks, with beige and gray. Our home is located in ABQ, NM (not as hot as PHX or as cold as Denver) and we are pretty sure it is on a concrete slab. (We close on this home Wednesday, hence the fact we are not 100% sure on the concrete slab.) Our style taste is modern.

We don't have any kids or pets. But I do have a bad back and can't stand on ceramic tile for any length of time.

The pictures below are just an example of what appears to be the color/s we are looking for. Of course we would need to get samples.

Thank you for any insight and help, it is much appreciated!

Another example of Coretec in Harbor Oak

COREtec
Modin
Other - Please explain below

Comentarios (366)

• truvaneli
    hace 4 años

Thanks Los Pag and amalgamate. I found your earlier posts, and your floors are beautiful. I will make sure my contractor understands the requirement for flat floors. I guess the rigid concept is relatively new, and I can imagine many floor installers would lay it like regular vinyl plank. Thanks for the info, guys.

• mrsphilpott
    hace 4 años

amalgamate, do you still have leftover boxes of Modin Rigid Arbor? If so, how much do you have & what square footage would it cover? Thanks!

• julieste
    hace 4 años

beachgal has posted photos of her Sutton. I know several other people on this thread have it too. Do any of you have photos? And, does this seem like a darker floor that sucks up light? Our space doesn't get a ton of natural light, and I am concerned this may be too dark.

• Rachel L
    hace 3 años

For those who have had these Floortec floors installed for a number of years now, how are they holding up? Any regrets/lessons learned? Any feedback would be most appreciated!!

• jakesfnm
    hace 3 años

I remain very happy with my choice. It still looks great. Recently, I inherited my mom's dogs, One his huge with health problems. I've had a number of "events" on the floor - including spots of dried blood. The dog remains a lovable challenge, but the floor cleans up so easily.

• wilmathecat
    hace 3 años

Hi Rachel, it's a little over 2 years since installing Flooret Kingswood, and I too, remain very happy with my choice. Flooring in exactly same condition as brand new - so easy to clean and maintain. A year ago, my non-shedding dog passed along and I adopted another small pup who sheds like a St. Bernard, so I invested in a cordless, rechargable vac for cleaning up all the pet hair. For my very occasional deep cleaning, I use the reusable/washable microfiber pad on stick with spray of 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water. After reading comment above, I may just try my steam mop on 1/2 power. Hi jakesfnm - glad to hear you're still happy with floor too - continue to love that "lovable challenge" - they sometimes leave us way too soon!

• lorilee
    hace 3 años

Does anyone have a recommendation for an installer in the Phoenix area? Thanks

• PRO
    Flooret
    hace 3 años

Hi Lorilee! Try getting in touch with Rafal Nalej at 602-535-1214 or rafal@olympichardwood.com.

• Lois Pag
    hace 3 años

Hi all. I’m at the beach house where the Sutton color floors are. Great Solid product. Easy to maintain. Of course needs level solid subfloors prior to install. investment.

• Lois Pag
    hace 3 años

Best investment!!

• MAdkins
    hace 3 años

I'll second what @Lois Pag said. I also have Sutton. I already installed 500sf and am receiving the rest (1400 sf) today! Best flooring choice I could have made; no regrets at all.

• lorilee
    hace 3 años

Has anyone installed Flooret over existing ceramic or porcelain tile? If so, what was your experience? Thanks

• Lois Pag
    hace 3 años

No. That’s a tough call. Mine is over subfloor. Sorry. Still a great product.

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 3 años

Has anyone used the Modin Flooret Basic line? I would appreciate any feedback on your experience!

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Hello!

I'm agonizing of the color of Flooret to pick. It is so hard to pick something that compliments my kitchen cabinets.

What color do you think would look best?

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

Hello Again....

Is there anyone out there around Austin TX that has this installed already and wouldnt mind a stranger dropping by ( masked:) to see them?

Just a shot in the dark.

• MAdkins
    hace 3 años

@Denise Hoelting: It's a dilemma we have all faced! Can you lay out your samples in front of your cabinets and take another photo? Are your other hard finishes (countertop, backsplash tile) in the kitchen going to change? You'll want the color of the floor, cabinets, countertop and tile to work well together. Wall color can always be changed but it's pricey to change the hard surfaces. Pretty cabinets!!!

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

Hi!

Yes I will. I will take a photo.

We will have a white-ish quartz counter top and white-ish subway tile- leaning toward light grout.

• PRO
    Flooret
    hace 3 años

Hi Denise! We also have 9 additional colors if you are having a hard time picking from the 15 colors on the website. Please get in touch with us by chat or email if you would like to see preview pictures of the new colors. We will begin shipping samples of the new colors on 11/23/20.

• Mai Thow
    hace 3 años

@Denise Hoelting: My SIL just found out Flooret came out with 9 more colors. 🤣 When she couldn't decide already, they make it even more difficult. I took a few things into consideration when choosing the color. How much light I get within the room, what's the current paint color of the walls, will the floor color clash with my cabinets and dinning room table. I have dark color walls and most of my furniture is dark as well, but my cabinets are white so I needed to find a middle ground. I untimely went with Lato and it worked great with my space and furniture pieces I already had.

• Lois Pag
    hace 3 años

I recently saw the comment by "D" regarding that we on this discussion are reps of Flooret. Not so. We are just consumers, wtho found a great product who are sharing our research and experiences with Flooret. My Sutton has been down since 2018, is subject to multiple temperature changes since the beach house is closed for the winter. There has been absolutely no change in the character or condition of the floor, I think it was a great decision to go with the unknown. I got my samples and voila it was decided. I'm very happy with the product. If I had another floor that required changing, I would choose Flooret again.

• MAdkins
    hace 3 años

I couldn't agree more with @Lois Pag. So many of us (consumers) spend so many months agonizing over floors and found the advice from other consumers on houzz incredibly helpful. The Flooret Modin collection is amazing. I too have Sutton and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my floors. I was just looking for a post I made about Flooret colors to help @Denise Hoelting with her color choices. Some were too yellow, too red, too green; for me, Sutton was just right. I'll repost that color comparison if I can find it. I have a mix of light and medium tones in my kitchen and I like how the brushed finish has tiny white brush marks in it that helped to tie the floor in with the whites/creams in my kitchen. Anyway, I'll repost my color comparison if I can find it.

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

DIYers and Flooret,

HELP

How to prepare the floor?

We have decided on the Flooret Arbor!

Our old floor was engineered wood and we got that out but now the GLUE!!

We are having a booger of a time getting this off.

We have even rented a floor stripper, but it is not doing that great of a job.

Question for you who have installed after taking out other floor...

Is it absolutely necessary to take all this glue up before we put the leveling compound down?

If yes, how?

What are the best tools and best technique?

Also, if we are using Rigid line, do we need an underlayment?

Thank you all for your time and advise,

Denise

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

Also, We re going with the floating method.

• Jessica R
    hace 3 años

@Denise how did it all turn out?!

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

Hi

We decided on Flooret Arbor.

it was just delivered.

My husband and son will work on this weekend. I will post photos of progress.

• Denise Hoelting
    hace 3 años

Also, we learned that we don’t have to take alllllll the glue off. We did a pretty good job, but will put the leveling and then float the floor.

• rachthesabu
    hace 3 años

We are thinking of Flooret for our main floor which is currently ceramic tile. Our contractor wants to install the flooring over the ceramic tile. Has anyone done this before? Do we need to fill in/level all the grout lines? Does it make a difference if we go for the signature or base lines?

• nancy5859
    hace 3 años

We are strongly considering the Flooret in Sutton for our beach house. I'm wondering if Beachgal5, MAdkins, and others on this thread installed the signature or the base line?

• jakesfnm
    hace 3 años

I installed Sutton over 2 years ago and am very happy with it. At that time, there was only one Sutton and it was installed in my common areas only. I am having my bedrooms done as I write this in Sutton Signature. It is the same as the product that we had installed when this discussion began.

• nancy5859
    hace 3 años

Thank you! One other quick question - are you using the floating or glue method?

• Lois Pag
    hace 3 años

I floated it no glue. easy to connect, can be tapped in with a rubber mallet...I did it with my nephew...love it.

• jakesfnm
    hace 3 años

No glue. I have no skills in this area so had an experienced installer. He liked the flooring a lot.

• Usuario de Houzz-489392653
    hace 3 años

How much does it cost for all the shiping and taxes on modin flooring above base price.

• Michael Rose
    hace 2 años

Has anyone ordered the Flooret Palka signature?

• Kerri Gaudet
    hace 2 años

@Denise Hoelting how are you liking your Flooret floors? We're in Austin too and struggling to choose between Flooret's Nakan and Coretec's Springfield Oak.

• Lois Pag
    hace 2 años

Love my floors, mine is Sutton color its a few years old but perfect for the beach house. Go for it. Good stuff.

• Kerri Gaudet
    hace 2 años

Thanks Lois! I love Flooret's thickness but Nakan is backordered till end July/early Aug whereas Coretec is in stock at the local flooring store so that's the advantage there.

• Mary Elizabeth
    hace 2 años

@Kerri Gaudet, I was following this thread a few months back before we picked our flooring. In the end, we did not get either Flooret of Coretec. I shopped for months, and compared many brands. I also had about 8 color samples of Flooret. Karndean Rustic Maple was my favorite color, but price was $6+ sq ft. All of Flooret Signature had too large of a bevel for my taste. In the end, we installed Supercore Asheville Extreme. Thickness and wear layer comparable to Flooret, and Asheville only has a micro bevel. We are very pleased with the product and the color. It looks much better in real life than the pictures on the website. Supercore also just posted on a different discussion that 20 or so of their colors will soon be available in the 9" x 6 ft lengths. Just a suggestion - it took me forever to decide!

• medialitz
    hace 2 años

Remodeling for a lakehouse in Central Florida and settled on Flooret’s Signature Nakan. Love the wider and longer planks. 72” long. Will install it throughout kitchen and living room and will post pic when installation is complete. Love the beachy look. Kitchen will be white and wood cabinetry.

• krisclark3
    hace 2 años

I anyone has a picture of Flooret Modin ”Nakan” installed, I would love to see it. also, I am wondering how hard it feels underfoot since softness is one benefit of Coretec Plus and other WPCs.

• A Cheryl Massie
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

We have had over 3000 sq ft of Flooret Modin Madeira Signature installed for over 2 years. It was installed by a contractor, who reported it was easy to install. We live in SC-so weather swings, humidity, etc; have 2 big dogs and lots of foot traffic; and, I move furniture often. We have had no problems with floor. Indeed, love it. We are selling this house and almost every time it is shown, I get asked if it is ”real wood” because potential buyers can’t tell; I respond that, no, it is better! Will use it in the next house—but probably go with Sutton. (BTW, the contractor left a cut piece of the flooring outside for over a year; it was in perfect condition when I found it.)

• Steven Tucker
    hace 2 años

Looking for updated install pictures of Nakan Signature! @medialitz Anyone?

• Lisa Stratton
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

To all of you struggling with floor color bella-tucker.com has great tips to consider. I wish I had found her site before I bought new cabinets and countertops! She has great advice. I hope this helps. We will be using Flooret Basic or Signature in Brenwick, Arbor or Sutton. It all depends on what looks best with my bossy brown quartz, my white cabinets, and my espresso island.

Lisa in Wyoming.

• Lisa Stratton
    hace 2 años

I have changed my mind again--I am going to paint my espresso island white to match the other cabinets. I decided I had too much going on, and something needed to change. I have ordered 6 samples from flooret! I have been researching vinyl plank flooring for 3 years, and I'm glad that I have finally decided on Flooret...now for the color. I'll post my decision.

• tiaschwartz
    el último año

@medialitz would you be willing to share some pics of Nakan installed in your home?

• Dana Powell
    el último año

hello, So much useful information on this thread! can anyone recommend an experienced flooret installer in Washington DC? My condo rental gets mostly morning light and has white and walls--would sutton be too dark?

• Dana Powell
    el último año

• Renee Cascone
    el último año

@medialitz I’m just outside of Orlando in Seminole County. Do you have a recommendation for an installer? Thanks! 😊

• Usuario de Houzz-413273461
    hace 11 meses

Anyone have a recommedation for sn in-staller in commerce michigan!?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.