Houzz Logo Print
jobaker78

Wooden worktop for racing green kitchen?

jobaker78
hace 8 años

We are having a very dark green wooden kitchen made (along the lines of F&B Studio Green) and I'm looking for the right wooden work surface to go with it.

I LOVE the colour and character of the iroko one in the picture below, but I understand it will get much darker as it matures and I don't want too dark a wood as I'm worried it'll make the whole kitchen feel gloomy.

Does anyone have any recommendations they could share with me? Nothing else really seems warm enough or has enough character, and I don't really like the light woods such as maple or ash which would probably work well!

Fyi, I'm complementing the green with bronze / copper taps, handles, etc and a copper antique glass splashback.

I'd welcome any thoughts or advice..

Thanks

I

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Jem Fox Furniture
    hace 8 años

Hi,

You could try elm or oak - both warm colours but not as dark as iroko. They're much more environmentally friendly than iroko too, because they're not imported...and you'd be supporting UK timber growers.

• Laura
    hace 8 años
    My kitchen is similar to the one in that picture and we've had oak worktops. Even though we also opted for a caramel bamboo flooring the room is still very bright as we've kept everything else neutral. It depends on the light and shape of your kitchen, but a dark worktop won't necessarily make the room gloomy.
  • Juliet Docherty
    hace 8 años

What colour is the floor and how light is the kitchen to start with ?

• PRO
    Access Hardware Ltd
    hace 7 años

We have a new range of copper handles available in the UK

Access Hardware Copper handle range · Más información

• lorraine_mccullough54
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

wood requires a lot of maintenance to look well

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.