webuser_18700

Granite seam help

Susan Cos
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

I'm having granite installed (right now) I feel where the seam lines up granite to granite should look better. Meaning it should flow from one slab to the next without looking like 2 different pieces. Is this bad work that is getting installed at my house? Please help.

Comentarios (11)

• Susan Cos
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

The fabricators usually get the best match they can but clients have to remeber the stone is a natural product and maybe someone already took the slab that lined up with yours that is why when choosing stone you ask for all this info, it wouldn’t really bother in an outdoor kitchen but really the slabs are what they are . If you wanted perfect go with manmade product.

• Ed Cos
    hace 8 años

Please see bottom photo which shows seam the best

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 8 años

No this is the nature of granite. Your L shaped island is too big to cut out of one slab so it must be pieced. If there is a 90 degree angle, this is what happens. They couldn't mitre the corner because you have an overhang.

• PRO
    Vincent Flasch Interior Design Inc.
    hace 8 años
    That's a tough one... it could have been better but probably would have required choosing your slabs and you have to really get specific with the templating. All in all, it's not bad. I doubt you could get them to change it - it's not a mistake. You'll notice it less with time and you can always put a serving tray or centre piece over the seam if it really bothers you.
  • Ed Cos
    hace 8 años

cant the seam be a little more fluid though? Never was told seam would be obvious at all....this is really obvious.

• Ed Cos
    hace 8 años

not the seam itself but the granite pattern transition

• Susan Cos
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I understand that, but don't you think the striations should have been matched up better? There is no flow from one slab to the next. One ends in dark and the other starts in white. It's just ends and starts so abruptly.

Thank you for your comments.

• Michael Bice
    hace 8 años
    That kind of work is what is wrong with our business. For some "pro" on here to think this is acceptable is nuts...veins should flow in same direction if fabricator thinks quality first. This was done to save money. Sorry but this looks terrible
  • Michael Bice
    hace 8 años
    One more thing is....that is marble...not granite. Fantasy Brown is sold as granite in shops that don't know any better or don't care...but yea...marble for sure...and it is going to fade in direct sunlight over the years....sorry
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.