Houzz Logo Print
kgibbs

Did you use silicone or grout to adhere glass block to tile floors?

kgibbs
hace 8 años
Midcentury Bathroom · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Eastern Glass Block
    hace 8 años

Hello. When adhering glass blocks to tile floors you can use either glass block mortar (grout) or silicone. They are both equal to one another with the only difference being how it looks.

• kgibbs
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you! I am planning on using glass blocks to form a curb ( only one course high) for a shower. The floor is nicely sloped towards the drain, but I want a little something extra to contain the water.

• kgibbs
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Any additional suggestions or tips for installation would be welcome !

• PRO
    Irons Brothers Construction Inc
    hace 8 años

On this project we worked with Seattle Glass Block, I would refer to their website for more information, http://seattleglassblock.com/ProductsGlassBlock.asp

• PRO
    Innovate Building Solutions
    hace 8 años

We usually recommend to use silicone between the glass block prefabricated sections and the floor - this is done to make sure there are not cracks if there is movement around the wall. If you want more input on the glass block installation process check out the glass block installation videos on the "install" tab of this page - glass block installation videos

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.