Houzz Logo Print
latrichia_dawn

Help I need Idea's for a plater box between split level stairs.

Latrichia Dawn
hace 8 años

I just recently purchased a home built in 1964. I love some
of the mid century charm it has and do not really want to remove this because
it has a laundry chute in it. I would just like to make it look a little
more modern. First of all the plan is to
remove the carpet and put in glass panels instead of the railing. Plant
options would have to be easy to maintain because I kind of have a black
thumb.

Sorry the pictures are not the greatest we haven't taken possession yet and they are from the realtor.

Thanks

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Gwen Klein Interior Design
    hace 8 años

It reminds me of the stairway in a showhouse I worked on several years ago. That one was covered with a stone veneer and coordinated with the other stone on the fireplace and some other areas of the house, and it was beautiful. My best suggestion for you is to try to find a good interior designer in your area- find one on Houzz or contact your local American Society of Interior Designers (ASID). You need a designer, not a decorator, who can help you make changes that coordinate existing aspects of your new home that you're not changing with those you are changing.

As for the planter, give up on the plants- it's a dated look. The least you want to do is cover the top with something that looks like it was intended to be there, such as wood, or some stone that coordinates with the stone on your fireplace, but flat. A good designer will take in all the aspects of your home and come up with a plan to change the things you want to change so it all works together.

Latrichia Dawn agradeció a Gwen Klein Interior Design
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

be careful not to have a 'i love you, you're perfect, now change' relationship with your house. its fun to kick around ideas ahead of time but features that made you fall in love shouldnt be dumped too quick! live with them a while.

Latrichia Dawn agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • john topa
    hace 2 años

Just ear it out and replace with new railing. perhaps it holding up the stairwell and second floor so check first and minimal that structure. would be nice but bow new flooring is needed

• Tina
    hace 2 años

This post is from 2015.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.