amydionne33

Please help with this entry way, it's been a year

hace 8 años
Any ideas, whomever designed this entrance way I want to strangle them. Pictures are posted in my idea book labeled My entrance Way.

Comentarios (6)

• hace 8 años

I know you said "disregard clutter" but that's the only problem I see with the entry. You have size appropriate solutions for that. I wonder why they aren't working. And why you hate such an innocuous wall.

• hace 8 años

Bcb, besides the stuff i have on the floor it just seems like I need it to jump out since its the entry point. I could be wrong as I am not talented in decoration. Thanks

• hace 8 años

You have to declutter first. Nothing can "jump out" with clutter as a distraction. If you don't love it or use it, get rid of it. Then take a new picture because you're ready for decor advice.

• hace 8 años

What are some of the things that you are thinking of doing? What are your ideas on the wall that you hate?

• hace 8 años
    Amy,
    One solution toward loving your entry way is to have a light installed from the ceiling of this area. The wall light and your floor lamp in the corner are not typical entry way lighting. I'd then remove the wall light, paint the vent the same color as the wall, and hang art/decor on that wall. The light switch, thermostat, and doorbell(?) would then fade and not be the items your eye is drawn toward.
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    I'm not sure as to your budget nor the type of look you're going for though it would seem you're leaning more contemporary in style.

If I'm right, I'd reconsider re-doing the railing on the stair case. Unfortunately I see who ever installed the flooring laid it very linear, while the material is a nice hue and quality looking, my preference would have been to possibly lay it on the diagonal to break up the linear feel. Then again the space is very hard to see in conjunction with the surrounding area.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.