Houzz Logo Print
smagesis

How far up the wall does the tile go. It looks like 1/2 way.

Sandy Magesis
hace 8 años
I'm tiling my bathroom walls and don't want tile up to the ceiling. How far ups hound I go?
Custom Tile 2 · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Antonella Romano Tile & Stone
    hace 8 años

Hi Sandy, Yes, It usually is half way.. but there is a lot more to that than just measuring your ceiling height and dividing by 2. It is important to realize that the positioning of your light outlet switches need to be taken under consideration. If you are renovating and gutting your space completely.. I would advice moving your outlets above the chair rail or below your border.. so that it doesn't disturb the design element of the tile or mosaics. In some cases if I am just retiling a bath and not moving any electrical.. I will choose to keep the tile height below the light switches.. or sometimes.. if the lady of the house is tall.. I will move the border up to 52 inches so the border clears the switch.. Another think to keep in mind.. is the bottom of your mirror, where do you want that to fall.. you don't want to hang a mirror that will cover your chair rail pc. These are my recommendations. I thank you for your question. Good luck with your renovations. Sincerely, Antonella Romano. www.AntonellaRomano.com

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.