Houzz Logo Print
phinney1077

Single or double bowl kitchen sink?

Angela Phinney
hace 8 años
I am trying to decide if I should choose a single or double bowl sink in my kitchen. Any suggestions on which works better for someone who likes to cook?

Comentarios (9)

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Serious chef's sink in farmhouse style, and a prep sink at the island or near the fridge.

Hahn Chef Series, Handmade 60-40 Double Bowl Farmhouse, Extra Large · Más información

17" Stainless Steel Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen/Bar/Prep Sink · Más información

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

i like to cook. i enjoy having a large single bowl stainless steel sink with the matching wire grid for the bottom.

• pcmom1
    hace 8 años

I like having a double, but a 60/40 one. Big pots fit the larger side.

• pcmom1
    hace 8 años

What kind are you considering? Stainless? Porcelain? I have composite black granite and really love it.

Northern Liberties, Philadelphia: Eclectic Kitchen · Más información

• pcmom1
    hace 8 años

Composite granite:

Duragranit - Composite Granite Sinks · Más información

• jankowskiek
    hace 8 años
    You sink material and color will depend on where you live and how hard the tap water is. Where the mineral content is high in the tap water you may have to dry the sink almost every time you use it to keep water spots from forming; That being said I like a large single deep dark color.
  • MotherOfGiants
    hace 8 años
    Single! I moved into a house with a double after having a single, and it is a daily annoyance -- particularly with kids who don't really appreciate the importance of some things needing to go on the side with a disposal...
  • nancy4286
    hace 8 años

We find most people prefer a double bowl sink, with a generous bowl on either the left or right. One side for washing....one side for air drying if that is your preference. Keep in mind a really large single bowl sink (30 X 22) is similar to a small tub and will take a lot of water to fill. This may not be friendly in areas where water is scarce. Sink grids are great to protect the bottom of your sink, sink insurance if you will, especially if the sink is undermounted under a beautiful granite or quartz countertop as the cutout size is sink specific. An additional note regarding the sink is which side to install the disposal. It's generally helpful to have that installed in the bowl next to the dishwasher where most of the scraping/rinsing will take place.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.