Houzz Logo Print
italianmarbleinc

Battle of the Kitchens: Modern vs. Traditional

Pure White Caesarstone · Más información

In my opinion you really can't go wrong with either, but we want to know which of these two styles of kitchen you prefer.

Of course these are not the only two styles, so feel free to make a case for your favorite in the comments below!

Modern
Traditional

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    ABK Today
    hace 8 años

We do a lot of kitchens that lean towards the Traditional side- you're right, you really can't go wrong either way, but we love our modern kitchens too!

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a ABK Today
  • ritting28
    hace 8 años
    The traditional seems warm and inviting to me.
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a ritting28
  • PRO
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I agree that traditional kitchens do create a warm sense of welcoming, and yes I also love the sleek and clean lines in modern kitchens.

However, the most important part is always going to be the food!

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

it depends when you ask me. sleek modern for summer, traditional for winter.

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • ritting28
    hace 8 años
    I don't particularly like to cook, so I need more traditional style to keep it inviting and enticing. ; )
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a ritting28
  • Momof5x
    hace 8 años

Traditional always catches my eye, love the strong, sturdy features of the traditional look ( solid wood etc). It also always looks warm whereas a lot of the modern ones don't look homely or give a sense of a warm, family environment. I have seen many modern kitchens I like and if one feature that has attracted me, it is the long upper cabinets that have doors that open upwards.

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a Momof5x
  • PRO
    Atelier Armbruster
    hace 8 años

We tend to lean toward the modern side when designing our kitchens. It allows for a more clean and organized look.

http://atelierarmbruster.com

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a Atelier Armbruster
  • havingfun
    hace 8 años

I have a tendency to lean toward traditional in all my rooms, I like comfort and fluffiness, though not frufru. the only places I do deviate are the kitchen and the bath. I would be perfectly happy with dark lower cabinets, especially if they are blue of course and then stainless counters and light uppers, I really don't care what my appliances are housed in as long as they work very well. I like my kitchen to look as clean as possible and as easy to keep looking that way. i will not lie, I drool over traditional in those big homes as much as the next person, but if i were too build my own, I am sure I would stick with modern, clean lines, and bright.

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a havingfun
  • Momof5x
    hace 8 años

My kitchen or kitchens I should say are used a lot, I do a lot of cooking We have an outside kitchen which is larger for an extra trunk freezer and fridge, and a larger stove for heavy cooking when we have large dinner parties or if we grill fish.

Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a Momof5x
  • M B
    hace 8 años
    I prefer the traditional kitchen and house. I think traditional is more elegant, inviting and gives the feeling of warmth. I have told realtors in the past that I do not like the modern look and asked them not to try and show me a house with modern features.
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc agradeció a M B
  • sandi0525
    hace 8 años

I want to keep traditional look in my kitchen Have bisque appliances now I don't think white, black or stainless appliances keep the tradition look. Any suggestions?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.