Houzz Logo Print
elise_tropiano

Number of pendants over kitchen island

Elise Tropiano
hace 8 años

I'm debating 2 vs. 3 pendants for my kitchen island. The island will be 8'5" x 4'6". The width of the pendants is 13" (it's the medium sized benson pendant from restoration hardware).

If I do 3, there will be 12.5" from counter to pendant and 19" between each pendant.

If I do 2, there will be 19" from counter to pendant and 38" between each pendant.

P.S. Doing 2 of the large 16" width pendants is also a possibility I'm open to.

If someone could kindly weigh in, I would appreciate it!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    ABK Today
    hace 8 años

Typically, 3 is a great number for pendants, but for a larger pendant like this, 2 may be better. Also, be sure to consider the height from the counter, 12.5" and 19" seem pretty low, usually you want about 30-36" clearance. Hope that helps! Good luck!

• Elise Tropiano
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

@ABK Today 12.5" and 19" refers to the distance between the pendant edges. Not the distance from the counter to the bottom of the pendants. See my drawings (more like doodles -- sorry).

• Elise Tropiano
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

• neigsby
    hace 8 años

GO WITH TWO. It is my experience, if you do more than two, they never line up exactly right. Your electrician must be meticulous with pre-wiring at the ceiling and getting the heights exactly equal in the final installation. Also I would suggest a fixture that is taller than it is wide. Wide fixtures tend to hang OFF LEVEL. Best wishes and good luck.

• Elise Tropiano
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    @neigsby I'm guessing you'd suggest 2 of the 13" ones? Or the 16"?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.