Houzz Logo Print
bvelten

Contemplating extending island

bvelten
hace 8 años
We are getting new granite countertops and currently have an island with an 16.5" overhang supported by 10" bracket. How much further could I Safely extend my granite?

Comentarios (4)

• leelee
    hace 8 años

Any particular reason for the larger top?

• PRO
    ABK Today
    hace 8 años

You could go another 1.5" without support, after that you should consult with your granite installer on how far the extension can go (they all have different preferences). Most overhangs are about 18" total. That allows for stools to scoot under & knees to sit comfortably when in use. A larger overhang becomes a bit visually awkward & makes it hard to reach the center of the island (for cleaning, etc.) Good luck with your installation!

• bvelten
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Reason? More countertop area because everyone loves the island! Have even considered taking out dining table and extending island into that area as well. Decided not to do that but wanted to maximize current island configuration. Thanks for your responses.
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

i think much more overhang will be visually unbalanced, consider adding legs to the outside corners.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.