Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_26708114

Bathroom remodel - need suggestions

User
hace 8 años
I want to embrace the vintage bathroom tub, sink, and toilet, but modernize the bathroom. We will be putting in a shower with tiles and keeping the window. What color tiles for the shower walls and what kind of flooring would pull it all together? You can even throw in paint colors for the wall for bonus points! :) Modern with a vintage twist is what I'm going for. Thanks!

Comentarios (6)

• User
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    This is a house I am moving into. This is the sellers' bathroom now.
  • PRO
    MLTDezine
    hace 8 años
    I think penny tiles would be great in the bathroom. You could go for them on the floor in black and white and a white subway tile in the shower. I would have seamless glass door added to the bathtub as to keep the space open. Frosted window with no curtains. Not sure what the built in looks like but I would paint it out in white and add custom detailing and a black vintage stool. As for wall colour that kind of depends on what's going on with the rest of the house so you can have some consistency. Add some Great Wall art, decorations and towels and you are done. Hope this helps
  • Jean Benelli
    hace 8 años

In my vintage, modern bathroom I went with 6 inch white square tiles laid on the diagonal. It looks modern but classic all in one. I would put 4 inch white square tile in the shower. I love your bathroom. Is the built in vanity staying or is that where the shower will be? I would not use gray in any bathroom. Does not compliment any skin tone, stay with white paint.

• Kirk
    hace 8 años

I agree with "Design Intervention". The contemporary penny tile sample they displayed is a great suggestion. I think it worth the effort to retain the original toiletries, and I caution you to check references on the refinisher assuming you choose to freshen the tub, sink, toilet colors.

Kirk, MVH

• chris81996
    hace 8 años

A person's complexion and how it looks is a function of the lighting in the room not the color of the wall.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.