Houzz Logo Print
green_go

Hydrangea "Fire Light"

I was hesitant about buying this hydrangea in spring, since
no real customer reviews were available.

I've never regretted planting it. Planted in May, it has
been blooming for at least a month now: it started almost white and now it is
magnificent deep pink, almost magenta color. Love it! Unlike Vanilla
Strawberry, it holds well all its flower heads – no drooping at all even after
today’s thunderstorm. And the pink color
is much more pronounced than Vanilla Strawberry’s which I also have. I think, it's a winner.

Comentarios (16)

• User
    hace 8 años

Love this! Love Hydrangeas, you really do get a lot of bang for your buck!

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    hace 8 años

I have kick myself many times that I hadn't purchased one or two of these from Garden Import when they had them available about two years ago. Now, the only time I've come across it locally they where sitting at around $50.00 a pop, so I had needed to pass on that and my search continues!

• Lauren W. (z5b - CNY)
    hace 8 años

what a gorgeous color, I'm a fan!

• rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    hace 8 años

I am so jealous! Where did you pick it up?

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I
    bought this one in Terra Greenhouses in Vaughan. But I also saw them in Lakeside
    Garden Gallery in Brampton.

hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I was about to go on a quest to bring 'Fire Light' to my neighborhood and then I discovered that it is too large a hydrangea for my yard. Absolutely stunning 'gg'.

• mnwsgal
    hace 8 años

I am smitten, but too late to add to my soon to be former gardens.

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    hace 8 años

'Fire Light' is reported to be one of the toughest of all paniculata types, being completely hardy in zone 3 and developing into a large specimen ... oh, and it flowers earlier than most all others .... okay, I want three of them!

hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

ANY UPDATE?

I know it is too early for blooms but I am wondering if others did/will make this an addition to their garden.

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    hace 7 años

I did pick up several, though has been tooo wet of late to plant them out. Several greenhouses and good ole Canadian Tire were carrying them.

hace 7 años

I picked up one yesterday. Nowhere to plant it...ridiculous.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    hace 7 años

rouge - get rid of some lawn . . . Plant it as a specimen "tree" and train it as a tree.

• vasue VA
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Yet another tale that begins with "stopped by to pick up potting soil," as these were being unloaded from a semi at the small Southern States garden center on 29 yesterday morning. Two of the five came home with me. Very well grown 4' tall 3-gallons @ $25 not yet budded. Scouting for Fire Light since its debut, delighted to finally find them by chance. Only now pondering where to plant them - must admit often typical for me. Plenty of room, but deer protection needs considering. Thinking they may add to the mix spaced well down the line from an arch flanked by a pair of Harlekin climbing roses that echo their colors. Fun imagining multiple possibilities. http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.226912 

Green_go, your success is inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing!

Another great Fire Light thread with reports & photos -http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/1995566/fire-light-hydrangea-paniculata?n=35 

hace 7 años

rouge - get rid of some lawn

Good idea but I have been told unequivocally that no more lawn can be expropriated.

• vasue VA
    hace 7 años

The pair of Fire Lights bought without buds a week ago are now rapidly budding at the tips of every branch. Yesterday just the hint of "broccoli" & today florets 2" long. Really looking forward to seeing these puppies bloom!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.