Houzz Logo Print
mnarducci

Navy blue or light grey for our stucco home?

MsChaCha
hace 8 años

Our house hasn't been painted since 1989. It's a two story, traditional, pale yellow house. I love this house, it just needs an updated look! We considered keeping a yellow color, but I really only love yellow on homes with siding. All the homes on our block are neutral colors: light grey, taupe, light brown, etc…

We really want to do something bold and fun. I am obsessing over navy blue homes, and I THINK that it would look great on our house. But I'm not sure, and i'm nervous that it would be too dark. Again, I always see navy blue on homes with siding- so would it look okay on stucco?

I've attached a picture of our house now-- Do you think our house would look good as a navy blue house with white trim and windows? Or should we go the safe route and paint it a neutral grey color and pick a bold color for the door?

We will also be re-doing the landscaping, and changing the side driveway gate to a wooden gate.

Thanks for your help!

Navy blue with white trim and white door
Navy blue with white trim and yellow door
Grey stucco with a bold color door

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    User
    hace 8 años

keep the yellow change the trim color to a sage green or taupe. paint the window trims as well.

• PRO
    Inspire with Colour
    hace 8 años

I would begin by considering the fixed elements on your homes exterior. In this case it would be your roof colour. Blue and brown do work together, but keep in mind that painting navy or a blue-gray will contrast with your roof and make your roof stand out. With a brown roof the ideal house colours are cream, any variation of brown, green and red. With this in mind, taupe with off-white or cream trim and a (toned down) red door would be a nice option. I've included an image of a blue home with a brown roof. Note the contrast. The taupe colour in the second photo is a subtle contrast, that doesn't compete with the roof and unifies the exterior beautifully.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.