Houzz Logo Print
bosclw

Do either of these bathroom designs work?

bosclw
hace 8 años
I'm redoing a small kids bathroom. I have a boy and a girl and I'd love for them to have their own vanity space, but I know it will be tight. Do either of these work? Is one better than the other? I have 18" deep vanities to give more space and shelving inset in the wall by the tub for more storage. What do you think?

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    TW2M Design Build
    hace 8 años

I agree with acm. The plan on the left is a better overall layout. Also closing off the tub with both sinks will make the bathroom seem cluttered and small.

bosclw agradeció a TW2M Design Build
  • susanalanandwrigley
    hace 8 años
    Not crazy about the back to back vanity design. Mirrors directly opposite each other may create a funhouse infinity mirror effect. And I think you lose storage. Also think about how much the kids will really both be in bathroom together. Don't know if you mentioned ages but by age 10 or even younger they may want more privacy. A single sink again maximizes storage, which I always found at a premium with kids.
    bosclw agradeció a susanalanandwrigley
  • shivece
    hace 8 años
    Anyone standing at the first vanity sink will get clobbered when the door opens. We had a toilet like that once......
    bosclw agradeció a shivece
  • sootsprite
    hace 8 años
    My girls' bathroom is similar to your first layout, except there is a linen closet where your toilet is and the toilet is next to the tub. It functions well for them. Two sinks are nice since one is a messy teen and the other a neaty preteen. I also like, well need really, the linen closet. It is full of towels, bedding, sleeping bags, tp, toiletries, etc.
  • PRO
    Pyramid Design Group Architects
    hace 8 años

The design on the left is the better solution.

bosclw agradeció a Pyramid Design Group Architects
  • sfabrick
    hace 8 años
    A pocket door would take care of the getting hit in the head thing...
    bosclw agradeció a sfabrick
  • bosclw
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you, it looks like it's unanimous for the option on the left! I'm considering putting in a trough sink with with 2 faucets instead of 2 sinks because I think it will give more counter and storage space. What do you think?

• L J
    hace 8 años
    I think for kids they would think trough would be sharing one sink so why not just have one sink. Just be sure they each have counter and storage space.
    bosclw agradeció a L J
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

The picture on the left is the best layout. It will give you plenty of wall space for towel bar, etc.

Keep in mind, if you don't have sinks on both sides right now, to separate them you will have to reroute water, drain and vent piping which can be very costly and you will not gain much for the amount you will spend doing that.

Good luck

bosclw agradeció a GN Builders L.L.C
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.